INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Saving tag info in sidecar files (xml) for all filetypes?  (Read 871 times)

lise

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Saving tag info in sidecar files (xml) for all filetypes?
« on: May 31, 2010, 08:03:28 am »

Couldn't we have the option to save all tag info into sidecars (xml files) instead of just video files?

It would be faster to 'update tags' especially over a network, because the files themselves would not have to open in order to be updated; just the xml files would be updated.
It would be faster to backup as the files themselves wouldn't change so only the (much smaller) xml files would be incrementally backed up.
And the biggest advantage to saving tags in the files, ensuring the info is not lost when re-importing in case of a database failure, would still be taken care of by reading the xml files on import.

Seems like the perfect solution all around. Is this something that might be implemented at some point?

Note: I don't carry my files with me on any device, so I don't need the tags to be portable. Xml files seems ideal.

A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?
Pages: [1]   Go Up