INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MJ locks when inserting new CD after rip - MJ 8.0.293  (Read 621 times)

Adrian Panek

MJ locks when inserting new CD after rip - MJ 8.0.293
« on: June 25, 2002, 08:26:51 am »

I am using MJ 8.0.293.

After ripping a music CD, the CD ejects automatically.  If I DO NOT click "OK" to the window "CD Copy Finish" before inserting a new CD, MJ locks and requires me to force the application to close.   This happens almost everytime and on Windows XP and Windows 2000.  Is this on your app bug list and when do you expect it to be fixed.

P.S. I have been a user of MJ since 4.0.  I really like the product, however, it has always been a bit buggy.  I figured when I could pin point some of the problems I have, I would send a post.  

Thanks

Adrian

Mysticeti

• World Citizen
  • music, SCUBA, movies, VR, multimedia, PCs
RE:MJ locks when inserting new CD after rip - MJ 8.0.293
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2002, 10:01:55 am »

Adrian, you're not the only one to see this problem ( http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/interact/NeoBoard.pl?Action=ShowPost&Board=inter&Post=11419&BoardIdle=7&SortingBy=0&BoardOrder=Descend&Page=0 ).  Personally I don't think it's that big a deal since once you realize what's causing the lock up it's fairly easy to avoid the situation.  However, this is the type of thing that would really frustrate a neophyte and generate gobs of bad karma.  
"And the men who hold high places. Must be the ones who start... to mold a new reality. Closer to the Heart."

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
RE:MJ locks when inserting new CD after rip - MJ 8.0.293
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2002, 01:28:58 pm »

I can't reproduce this problem but I'll keep trying. Any more info you can provide on your system and the sequence of steps you take would be helpful.

Thanks,
John T.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up