INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tutorial: Make Microsoft Media keyboard and Microsoft IntelliType work for MC  (Read 2407 times)

dlmax63

• World Citizen

If anyone using a Microsoft keyboard and Microsoft IntelliType are frustrated that your media keys don't work for MC, you may find this useful.

This is on a Windows 7(x64) rig using Microsoft IntelliType v7.1 and Media Center v15.

• Run Intellitype

• Highlight the desired function ("Play/Pause" in this example) and click "Configure"

• Select "Start a program, Web page' or file" and click "Next".

• Type "MC15.exe /command: Pause" (without the quotes) in the browse field and click "Finish"

Note: IntelliType will automatically put the necessary quotes around the executable.

Note: Substitute your version of MC if necessary.

• Repeat for the other commands, substituting the desired parameter instead of the "Pause" parameter.

Additional command line parameters can be found at http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/The_Command_Line. This page was extremely helpful to me, as it gave me a clue about how to do it. Unfortunately there is no mention of the colon (":") on the wiki page.

For those of you who've already figured it out, please don't flame me for posting this ;) I know it's simple, but there may be some people who would find this useful.
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day!

dlmax63

• World Citizen

Additional info:

In this scenario, for whatever reason, the media keys only work when MC is not in focus.
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day!

Aimhere

• Junior Woodchuck
  • These are not the droids you're looking for.

Thank you so much! I just got a Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 keyboard for my new Windows 7 x64 box, and try as I might, I could NOT get the media keys to work correctly with Media Center under all circumstances. Your method did the trick, though!

I've found that this does work when MC is in focus, as well as when it is not. (Maybe there was some other setting responsible for the difference.)

Aimhere
Pages: [1]   Go Up