INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stuck on "Preparing for ISO image creation"  (Read 1995 times)

hakuin

• World Citizen
  • Old pond, leap-splash-a frog.
Stuck on "Preparing for ISO image creation"
« on: June 07, 2010, 12:22:36 pm »

Dear Group,

SITUATION: I am trying to burn a set of tracks on a CD-R (700MB).  I have turned on the option to force all tracks to be transcoded to MP3 in "Small Portable" VBR format (all tracks are already MP3, but at higher bitrate) .   MC reports there should be 6MB left on the disk. I am using MC 14.0.165.

ISSUE:  When I start the burn, the progress window shows "Preparing for ISO image creation" and it just seems to be stuck there.  The progress bar shows no progress; the light on the burner shows no activity (I have burned successfully in the past).  Task Manager shows "lame.exe" using about 45% of cpu and MC using about 10%.

Is this normal? Does it just look like nothing is happening because MC is doing all the transcoding in the background, or is something amiss?  

Lee

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Stuck on "Preparing for ISO image creation"
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 12:39:13 pm »

Dear Group,

SITUATION: I am trying to burn a set of tracks on a CD-R (700MB).  I have turned on the option to force all tracks to be transcoded to MP3 in "Small Portable" VBR format (all tracks are already MP3, but at higher bitrate) .   MC reports there should be 6MB left on the disk. I am using MC 14.0.165.

ISSUE:  When I start the burn, the progress window shows "Preparing for ISO image creation" and it just seems to be stuck there.  The progress bar shows no progress; the light on the burner shows no activity (I have burned successfully in the past).  Task Manager shows "lame.exe" using about 45% of cpu and MC using about 10%.

Is this normal? Does it just look like nothing is happening because MC is doing all the transcoding in the background, or is something amiss?  

Lee

It does all the conversion before starting the burn, since the lengths must be known exactly before a burn can start.  This could take twenty minutes or more depending on the speed of your computer.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up