INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: irock! 530 not recognized in Tree (XP Pro; MMJB)  (Read 1108 times)

Kevmiami

• nothing more to say...
irock! 530 not recognized in Tree (XP Pro; MMJB)
« on: April 16, 2003, 11:45:28 am »

Hello,

Just purchased an irock! 530, because the site said a plug-in was not required.  The 530 is properly installed on XP Pro, with Music Match Juke Box and Media Jukebox 8.0.394.  The drivers are from the 530's install disk and MMJB 7.5 now installs MP3's to the device without issue.  Somewhat frustrated, this is the 3rd device I've attempted to get to work with MJ8 (Older Yepp and Compaq PA-1 (crashes on format)).  Hope someone can help I've enjoyed MJ8, but want to use  one program for all Music tasks.  Take care, Kevin.

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: irock! 530 not recognized in Tree (XP Pro; MMJ
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2003, 01:45:57 pm »

Kevin,

I do not have an iRock 530 here to test. Does the 530 show as a drive  letter under "My Computer". If I recall correctly, I think it does. If this is the case, do you see the drive letter under "Handhelds" in the tree?

Steve

Kevmiami

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2003, 05:08:19 am »

Hello,

Unfortunately the iRock 530 does not show as a Drive in My Computer, or under the CD & Handhelds Tree.  Under the Device Manager, it shows as a USB Controller - FID irock! 500 Series; with driver C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\IR500.sys.  In a e-mail to "INTERACT team," attached a zip of the install folder for their included "irock! Download Manager;" this is a basic program to transfer music to the device and the XP driver folder they included on the cd.  Please let me know if I can be of any other assistance; I know this must be frustrating for you to keep up with the changing players.  Take care, Kevin.

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2003, 07:59:52 am »

Kevmiami,

Have you tried downloading the Plugin for the iRock from....

http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/downloads/plugins.pl?type=8

After you do, try clicking on the iRock under CD /Handhelds.
Pages: [1]   Go Up