INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lag after skipping/searching  (Read 1144 times)

audunth

• Citizen of the Universe
Lag after skipping/searching
« on: June 10, 2010, 07:49:39 am »

Hi!

Whenever I skip/search forward or backward in a video file using the arrow keys, the video usually goes slow motion for a couple of seconds, before it goes fast forward a little bit to catch up with the sound, which plays normally from the beginning. Also, sometimes when I play a video file that I previously stopped so that it plays on from the place I stopped it, the sound is out of sync, and I have to skip forward or backwards with the arrow keys to get it back in sync.

This happens on 2 different computers with different setting, filter versions and MC builds and with all kinds of files, avi, mkv, SD as well as HD, so I don't think it's a processor/resource issue. And it's not a HDD spinup issue, since it also happens on internal HDDs which are always running.

Anyone experience the same?

Also, when I play a video file, it always takes some time to open it (says Opening on the screen with the flashing flower next to it), from a couple of seconds to 10-15 seconds. Also on already spinning HDDs. Is that normal?
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
ASUS  P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3, 8GB RAM, Core i5-2500K
EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SSC, 4GB RAM
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers
Klipsch Reference/SVS 7.1 speaker system
Always running the latest available version of MC

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Lag after skipping/searching
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 08:45:55 am »

Are you using the JRiver audio engine during video playback? (Options > Video > Sames as device used in audio playback)

If so, make sure the buffering for the output plugin in Options > Audio > Output mode settings... is set to something small.  If you have a good computer, try 0.1 seconds.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

audunth

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 09:06:37 am »

Okay, changed the buffering from 0.50 to 0.10 seconds and it seems to fix the problem. I'll report back if it reoccurs after some more testing.

Thanks! :)
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers

audunth

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 04:12:56 pm »

After some more testing, it seems the slow-motion for a couple of seconds problem is solved. I still occationally experience having to skip back or forward once to get the audio in sync, but not as often as before.
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
Pages: [1]   Go Up