INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Loss of library view on reconnect to a DLNA library  (Read 1362 times)

blinky_bill

• Recent member
Loss of library view on reconnect to a DLNA library
« on: November 23, 2010, 11:46:55 am »

I'm running MC 15.0.150 on a netbook eeePC T91 and often I switch between a DLNA (Twonkyserver 6 on NAS) and a MC15 library located on my HTPC.

After loading of the DLNA library MC provides to me the default library view. If I customize the view the settings are lost if I switch on to the MC and back to DLNA library.

Questions:
1. Why do I get the default libray view of MC if I connect to DLNA libray? Other DLNA control points like TwonkyManager or Asset Control offers the browse trees of the DLNA library.

2. How can I avoid that a customized view  related to a DLNA library is lost on a reconnect to a DLNA library?
Blinky
There is always a solution!
Server: ReadyNAS Duo & Twonky 6.0.34; HTPC W7 & MC 18
Renderer: EeePC & NuForce uDAC2; audio-gd FUN; SoundBridge M1001; Raspberr PI/Gmediarenderer,Denon AVR 3313

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Loss of library view on reconnect to a DLNA library
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 12:23:50 pm »

Did you try customizing on the server?

blinky_bill

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 12:34:34 pm »

Both library server (MC15 on the HTPC and Twonky on NAS) have customized browse trees. If I connect to the MC library I get the library view from the server (synchronized with the client on the netbook).
A reconnect to the DLNA library always lead to loss of previous customized views as I always get the MC default library view.
Blinky
Renderer: EeePC & NuForce uDAC2; audio-gd FUN; SoundBridge M1001; Raspberr PI/Gmediarenderer,Denon AVR 3313

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2010, 12:37:12 pm »

Connecting to a DLNA library creates a new library using DLNA searches.  It does not use the browse commands / browse tree.

We would like to add a feature so that cutomizations like playlists and views can persist across connects, but this is not currently possible.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

blinky_bill

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2010, 12:42:20 pm »

Okay, thanks for the fast clarification!

Blinky
Pages: [1]   Go Up