INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can I "sync" mp3s another folder as if it were a device?  (Read 2111 times)

Nolonemo

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm still a malla!
Can I "sync" mp3s another folder as if it were a device?
« on: June 11, 2010, 06:55:03 pm »

I have a smartlist set up in MC14 with rules so that it will randomly pick a song in my library, select all the other songs on the album, and so on up to a defined GB limit, then I can sync it to my to my old Creative Zen NX.  It's a great way to have a changing subset of my much larger library on my player without having to think about what to put onto it.

I just got a Zune HD which you can only sync up using the wretched Zune software, so all I can do is to point it at a folder and sync to whatever is in that.  So I wonder if I can modify my sync list so that it will sync to another folder on my hard drive (i.e, copy songs over to it, and delete songs in the folder that are not on the sync list) so then I could just sync the Zune to that.  Is that possible?

Thanks

EDIT:

I found that I can go into the smartlist, select all the tracks and use the library item in the right-click pop up to copy them to another folder.  But this means I have to manually delete the existing files in the zune sync folder before copying the new set over.  While I could sync the smart list to a flash drive (if I had a 16GB flash drive), the Zune software will not allow a removable drive to be a zune library location, so that won't work.  And while the Zune software will allow a USB hard drive to be a Zune library loaction, that does not appear as a syncable device in MC, just another computer hard drive.  So I'm stumped.

Help?

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Can I "sync" mp3s another folder as if it were a device?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 02:06:37 pm »

Tools > Options > Handheld > Add device > Browse

Choose a folder on a local hard drive, press OK, then set up the options for your new 'Device'

-marko

Nolonemo

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm still a malla!
Re: Can I "sync" mp3s another folder as if it were a device?
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 12:27:18 pm »

Cool!  You guys are great!
Pages: [1]   Go Up