INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 15.0.57 -- Available Here  (Read 1992 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 15.0.57 -- Available Here
« on: June 11, 2010, 10:23:32 am »

This is the latest version of MC 15.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved. 

http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/MediaCenter150057.exe

15.0.57 (6/10/2010)

1. Optimized: Search engine uses more sophisticated logic for deciding the order to evaluate pieces of a database query, providing substantial speed improvements in some cases.
2. Optimized: Database search engine can better discard duplicate search terms, helping performance in applicable cases. (stacking of similar searches is common in nested views, etc.)
3. Changed: Numerous Gizmo improvements: loads images in background thread, adds ability to enter a library server access key to get to library, etc.
4. Changed: Gizmo should be installed from the Android Market (it's free).  Search for "Gizmo" in Market on your phone.
5. Fixed: WebPlay was not showing Play / Shuffle buttons for playlists.
6. Fixed: Mouse wheeling on a horizontal scrollbar could scroll diagonally.
7. Fixed: The player window buttons could highlight on mouse over, even when the mouse was actually over a window on top of the player.
8. Changed: Increased maximum boost / gain available in DSP Studio > Volume Leveling to 18 dB from 12 dB.
9. Fixed: The in-place edit available choices for fields with a fixed list of acceptable values was not working properly.
10. Changed: Reworked how link bar at top right of view is loaded so that it is pulled from disk less often.
11. Changed: Link bar allows creating link rules like '[Genre]=[Rock]' and the available links nicely update as different files are selected.
12. Optimized: Improved performance of link bar system, so that evaluating what links should be shown is much faster.
13. Optimized: Revised view header update system works to provide better view performance.
14. Fixed: The 'Previous' button did not seek to the beginning of the current track when controlling a DLNA device.
15. Optimized: Improved performance of seeking when controlling DLNA devices.
16. Changed: The /MCWS/v1/Alive function does not require password authorization to make checking for running servers possible from MC, Gizmo, etc. without requiring a password prompt.
17. Changed: Added additional handling to prevent DLNA control from skipping two (or more) files when pressing 'Next'.

15.0.56 (6/7/2010)

1. Changed: Added PlayingNowPosition, PlayingNowTracks, and PlayingNowPositionDisplay variables to MCWS/v1/Playback/Info function.
2. Changed: Added .FileKey variable for WebPlay / WebRemote file objects.
3. Fixed: During DLNA control, a manual Next or Previous could causes multiple files to be skipped depending on network timing.
4. Changed: Removed timeout.
5. Fixed: Column changes made while drilled into a library view in the tree were not saved.
6. NEW: Added 'Author' database field, used for author metadata when importing documents. (previously used 'Artist' field)
7. Changed: Import of document title, keywords, etc. from the filesystem better handles UTF-8.
8. Optimized: Loading the default 'Artists' view with a huge library is about 5% faster. (speed increases should help smaller libraries and other views as well)
9. Fixed: VST plugins that exposed a standard DLLRegisterServer(...) function in addition to the standard VST plugin export would not install properly.

15.0.55 (6/7/2010)

1. Changed: Media Type specification for DVB-T television's MPEG-2 audio and AC3 audio is updated.
2. Changed: MC configures DVB-T television's video format before connecting a filter graph so the video media type conforms to DVB-T's PAL standard.
3. NEW: Added new video file type wtv.
4. Fixed: WebRemote did not work nicely with Library Server authorization enabled.
5. Fixed: Quicktime files (mov, qt) could not be thumbnailed if they were set to play in DirectShow.
6. Changed: When playing files externally to MC (i.e. double click a file in Win explorer), windowed playback is now an option in General options.
7. Changed: Improved DLNA track advancement system to be less dependent on DLNA events. (events are used to help performance, but system functions fine even if device doesn't event properly)
8. Fixed: Webpage style stores would just show 'Installing' instead of a webpage. (since build 51)
9. Fixed: Theater View > Playing Now > Info view would not advance properly as tracks changed.

15.0.54 (6/3/2010)

1. NEW: The player automatically detects the arrival of a Google Android (previously required a program restart if the Android was mounted while Media Center was running).
2. Changed: Options > Media Network > Advanced Server Settings > Authentication password is no longer in plain text.
3. Fixed: Leaving Theater View's Hulu view could be slow.

15.0.53 (6/2/2010)

1. Changed: Renamed network options and view to 'Media Network'.
2. NEW: New 'Media Network' view under 'Services & Plug-ins' in the tree.
3. Fixed: Possible resource leak when switching views.
4. Fixed: Certain podcast streams were failing to download because of a 307 redirect status. We handle them like other redirects now.
5. Changed: Gizmo could unnecessarily load the same image multiple times. (Gizmo updated to 15.0.53)
6. NEW: Added Russian translation.

15.0.52 (6/1/2010)

1. Fixed: Playing different audio file types consecutively without clicking the stop button could cause some audio types to output noise.
2. Fixed: The background behind a video would be glass instead of black when using a glass-enabled skin.
3. NEW: Library Server, WebPlay, and WebRemote use a token-based authorization system so that once a client is authorized, it won't have to authorize again on subsequent requests. (fixes issues using Gizmo with authorization enabled, etc.)
4. Changed: List management windows no longer hide their list when disabled now that lists can nicely render a disabled state (applies to Options > Network, etc.).
5. Changed: Revised naming and versioning of Gizmo Android application.
6. Changed: WebPlay and WebRemote no longer show Play, etc. buttons at the view scheme level.
7. Changed: Reversed change #6 in build 51.
8. Changed: Added 'Statistics...' button to Network Servers view (a precursor to revised network servers overview page)

15.0.51 (5/28/2010)

1. Fixed: "Type" field in MyMovies data file could not be imported.
2. Changed: Updates (or initial install) of the Performer Store happen in a background thread when the store is viewed.
3. Optimized: Improved caching of server hits done by Performer Store for better performance.
4. Changed: Playing a Performer track from the local library (or Playing Now) will login so that full length version is played.
5. Fixed: Fixed possible dead-lock from audio engine parallelization improvements of build 50.
6. Changed: Television will try using generic Microsoft Network Provider filter first, instead of individual ATSC/DVB-T Network Providers.
7. Fixed: Making changes to Playing Now just as a song was ending (and the next track was prebuffering) could cause the visual play indicator to disappear.
8. Fixed: The 'Media Editor' start menu shortcut was not working (will recreate start menu group at stock location; later upgrades will not).
9. Fixed: Converting multiple audio files to mp3 did not work properly due to temporary filename conflict.

15.0.50 (5/26/2010)

1. Changed: Improvements to MC15.exe /MonitorSwitch to work better with certain configurations.
2. Optimized: Core audio data path 8% faster (used for playback, burning, conversion, etc).
3. Optimized: Disk Writer output plugin operates faster.
4. Optimized: Improved parallelization of audio playback engine to provide faster and more robust playback, especially when doing channel or sample rate conversion.
5. Optimized: Improved core audio engine data delivery mechanism to provide more skip resistant playback.
6. Changed: When clipping list or tree items that are outside the current scroll position, soft faded edges are used instead of hard edges.
7. Changed: Numerous improvements to JRiver Gizmo Android application. (requires reinstallation from WebPlay homepage)

Pjedro

• Recent member
Library Sync
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 11:56:36 am »

Hi,

Library sync doesn't update the changes on the client to the server. (play count, last played etc.)

This is since I update to build *.56 from *.49

Pjedro

ps. Is there a possibility to change how library sync update the server database? The best way for me is how it was before. (real time sync) We share one db with a few friends. When some of my friends don't select "Automatically sync changes made on client back to the server on shutdown" the db will not be updated. The same function on the server (Media Network settings) doesn't work.

Thanks for all the Library Server improvements so far!

eapool

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Media Center 15.0.57 -- Available Here
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 06:24:04 pm »

If I am using Gizmo on my phone and I use another app (internet) and then come back to Gizmo.  It shows the 'Browse Library' button instead of the transport buttons, so I can't control my playlist without restarting it.  I am using an HTC Evo.

Alex

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 06:27:45 pm »

If I am using Gizmo on my phone and I use another app (internet) and then come back to Gizmo.  It shows the 'Browse Library' button instead of the transport buttons, so I can't control my playlist without restarting it.  I am using an HTC Evo.

Alex
Thanks.  We're working on some of these little problems.  The back button on the phone might work for now.

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2010, 07:33:07 am »

I'm still not able to convert m4a files into WMA. This used to work fine. I also tried converting to mp3, which does seem to work.

klockk

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2010, 04:48:47 pm »

1) Using Gizmo on HTC Hero... Seems like half the time is goes to sleep after a song is played...
   If I wake the screen up.. it usually goes on to play the next song, right away...
   Is Gizmo a little sleepy??
   It doesn't happen all the time, but more often than not, when I hear silence... this wakes it up....

2) Was listening to a song while I received a phone call...
    Gizmo shut up while the phone was ringing.. but as soon as I answered the phone (down swipe)..
    Gizmo resumed... and I couldn't hear the caller... I had to kill the process to get it to shut up, as when I tried to fire Gizmo up it just displayed a blank screen.. :(

3) When Gizmo is playing... the PLAY button should be a PAUSE button.... (II) instead of the PLAY (>) button...

HiFiTubes

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2010, 07:54:42 am »

WASAPI playback to Lynx Speakers works for all sample rates except 192kHz, in that 192 is routed not to all mixer strips (is it is with all other sample rates), but just to strips 1 and 9 which means I have no way to adjust or monitor playback.

- The card and external DAC all work properly at 192kHz with MC, just routed in a different (by MC?) to certain Lynx mixer strips. -

Guess it could be a Lynx issue but strange that up to 96kHz works fine in MC (they have been emailed regardless).

FWIW, WASAPI provides some nice low system latency performance and I'd like to keep using it.

Everything set to Exclusive.
Pages: [1]   Go Up