INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Decoder Error  (Read 1986 times)

bobbyb

Decoder Error
« on: June 24, 2002, 10:45:35 am »

Help Please. When I go to burn a cd, it converts the first 3 songs, then stops at the beginning of the 4th and says "Decoder Error -1: Problem Track "Name Of Song"" I tried playing the song, no problems. Only on the 4th song it does it every time. I got the new versions with all the plugins, and it still does it. Please help. Thank You

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
RE:Decoder Error
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2002, 11:23:42 am »

What encoder format are the tracks in, Windows Media? Does it always do it on the 4th song even if you change the songs in the list?

Thanks,
John T.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

bobbyb

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2002, 08:17:49 am »

The songs are in WMA,CDA,and MP3 format. Yes, they always play, it's only when you go to burn them. It's weird, but it is always the fourth song, no matter if you take it out and put in a different song. It gets through decoding 3 songs, then stops on the 4th.

JimH

• Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2002, 08:22:11 am »

Try a single format (MP3, for example).

CDA won't work.  That's a CD file.  You need to rip the CD first.

Some WMA files are protected.

Disk space?
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

bobbyb

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2002, 08:38:19 am »

I just tried to make a playlist with 3 mp3 songs on it, and it worked fine. As soon as I added a 4th song, it messed up. I have 18 GB of hard drive space left. I tried uninstalling MJ and reinstalling, and I always get the same problem. It has been like this for a month or so and it's driving me crazy. I love MJ's format for making playlists, but I can't figure this out. Help!!!!!
Media Jukebox  8.0.302
Install Path: C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

CPU: AMD Athlon 1398 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 99 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000
ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4704.1100
Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shell32.dll: 4.72.3812.600
wnaspi32.dll: 2, 0, 0, 0 , ASPI for WIN32 DLL, Copyright © Adaptec 1995
Aspi32.sys: N/A

JimH

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2002, 09:33:47 am »

Try installing ASPI.  See the FAQ for details.
Jim Hillegass

bobbyb

RE:Decoder Error -JimH
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2002, 09:55:47 am »

Do I need it. I have ASPI for WIN32 DLL on my System Info.  I have no clue what's going on. How can I uninstall and fix the problem. Nothing seems to work.

JimH

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2002, 09:57:00 am »

It's in the FAQ.  Please try it.
Jim Hillegass

JohnT

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2002, 09:59:08 am »

In CD Writer settings, what are the settings of "use generic driver" and "decode mp3 files directly".

bobbyb

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2002, 10:01:20 am »

Use generic driver is off, digital playback is on, and decode mp3 files directly to cd is off.

JohnT

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2002, 10:07:04 am »

What happens if you enable "decode mp3 files directly" and drop the write speed a notch or two?

bobbyb

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2002, 09:44:58 am »

The generic driver is off,directly as mp3 directly to cd, and i dropped the write speed, but it still does it. It doesn't even start to write the cd, it starts converting, then stops on the 4th song. Am I the only person that is having this problem? Help,please. Thanks.

JohnT

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2002, 09:58:31 am »

So if you try to burn for example 4 mp3 songs called "song1", "song2", "song3", and "song4" in that order, it comes up with a decoder error on song4. Then if you rearranged the playlist so "song1" was the fourth one, you would get the decoder error on "song1"?

This is a strange one. Go into "Settings/Options/File naming & location" and see what your "Temporary file location" is set to. View this directory in Windows Explorer and delete any existing files from it.

Turn off normalization. If you have "decode mp3 files directly" enabled, it shouldn't have to go through a conversion stage, unless the mp3 files are mono or at a different sample rate than 44.1khz. Check the file properties of the mp3 files (right click on track name and choose Properties, then the "format" tab). Are they 44.1khz stereo?

- John T.

bobbyb

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2002, 10:17:04 am »

If I make a playlist with 3 songs, it will burn it fine. As soon as you add a 4th song, it gives you the error every time. If I move the 4th song to the #1 place, whichever song is in the 4th place now will make it stop. I turned off normalization, emptied my "Temp" folder, but it still does it. Thanks John T.

JohnT

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2002, 05:39:57 am »

Would it be possible to email me four of your tracks that cause the error?

- John T.
johnt @ jriver.com

JoeK

« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2002, 07:33:04 pm »

Have you found a solution to your decoder error?  I have a similar problem also in that when I start to burn a CD from  an MP3 playlist, the first track will prepare and normalize but then I get a message of (error:-1 on the second track.  This occurs on the second track no matter how many different playlist I attempt to burn.  Then I get a pop-up (Error cannot create decoder control).  I am using XP on a PII 450 with MJB 8.0.336 Plus.  I have been using MJB for a couple of years and until version 8 I have had no problems burning CDs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up