Networks and Remotes > Remotes

JRiver Gizmo -- stream your media from home -- or use Android as a remote

<< < (26/26)

Grundgütigster:
Thanks JimH!

Didn't understand a word about the outside IP address, cause there was no way I could see it anywhere in my network settings, nor have the ability to add it anywhere. Also my router changes the IP address it gets from outside regulary. Plus to my understanding this is necessary only for connections from outside the home network?

Anyway I managed to get access to my library fromout Gizmo and can remotly control it, playing music to my KEFs. I had to switch on port release for my NAS, which I forgot. So it seems to work now. I still don't get access to my Mac where MC is running though. But I propably do not need it.

JimH:
Outside is outside your LAN.  From away from home.  The Access Key works for both inside your LAN and outside, but the router must allow access.  The Network Access topic explains this.

Grundgütigster:

Thanks again!  :D

I know what outside IP address is, but not how to configure my Mac, router and/or Gizmo with those information.

If the feed back about the Android version of Media Center was better, I would think about buying it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version