INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgrade  (Read 1448 times)

Strale

• Recent member
Upgrade
« on: June 16, 2010, 04:20:15 am »

I have one question about an upgrade. If I purchase MC15 version 15.0.58, will I be able to upgrade free to new versions of MC15 for example 15.0.60 when it comes out or I have to pay for such upgrade. I ask this because I see that every two days new version of MC15 is released. Thanks in advance. Strale

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Upgrade
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 04:34:52 am »

You can upgrade as many times as you want, within the same major version (15 in this case). When you buy MC15, you can upgrade to every build that is released.
An major upgrade to MC on the other hand, which most most likely comes out in 1-1.5 year, normally costs around half of the normal licence cost when you upgrade again.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

Strale

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 02:16:43 pm »

Thanks MrHaugen. I thought that it is working that way but I wanted to be sure. Is license life-time valid for one major version?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 02:41:01 pm »

Yes.

MrHaugen

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010, 04:17:38 pm »

It is. You can use it forever. But with all the features added with each now version I doubt you want to stick with the old one for long :)

Strale

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2010, 04:01:35 am »

Ok, you may be right about this but currently I am using trial version and I'm in love with sound quality of MC. I don't use any other features except play button  :) so if you don't plan to change sound quality (out of the box without EQ etc...) in that case I would stick with this version. I must say that I tried almost every audio player on the net with my Lynx L22 card and AKG K-701 headphones and none of them sounds even close to MC, sound is just perfect so my advice is don't change anything about sound quality like WinDVD did it and ruined the thing with new versions. It would be nice if you plan to make some cut-off version of MC with same output sound quality of course, ASIO support, DVD playback and Blu-Ray support (free MC 12 doesn't support DVD) for those (us) who use it just for playback - without additional features of the program. This is just a suggestion and I think that more people would decide to buy it because on many other forums people state they don't want to pay for something they will never use. I hope we will have soon such version of MC, thanks. Strale

MrHaugen

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2010, 04:13:28 am »

Yes, there have been tons of improvements to sound quality in MC15. Like the Kernel Streaming, WASAPI output, direct memory read and so on. It has been getting more and more attention in Audiophile communities. Perhaps J River will make a stripped down version with music only again. Who knows.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2010, 05:50:40 am »

It would be nice if you plan to make some cut-off version of MC...

Actually, I think that maintaining (= programming, testing and distributing) a separate version of MC would be more expensive for JRiver than the current system.

In general, MC uses only the resources that are needed for the current tasks. The unused features don't consume resources.

You can always customize the interface if you want to make it more streamlined. Here's an example:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=43993.msg300992#msg300992
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up