INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Image Import Rules - Possible Feature Request  (Read 1164 times)

kewe65

• World Citizen
Image Import Rules - Possible Feature Request
« on: July 14, 2010, 12:33:03 pm »

I use Live Gallery to import photos from my cameras and the album title gets assigned the file folder name.  When MC imports the images into the library, it assigns the album title as the same data that is in the date field.

Is there or could there be a way to have the album assume the name of the folder the files are in instead?

That way the 'albums' between both applications would have the same name.

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Image Import Rules - Possible Feature Request
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 01:15:26 pm »

Does Live Gallery not save tags in the files? If there's an option to do so, try that, and then see if MC picks up the album field stored in the tag.

If not, try this....

MC doesn't apply rules during import, but, once imported, you could select all the imported photos, open the tag window, click in the "Album" field to edit it, and paste the blue text in there:
=ListItem([Filename (path)],Math(ListCount([Filename (path)],\)-1),\)

Press the "Enter" key and the job will be done.

For peace of mind, you might want to do 1 or 2 for testing before you go wholesale.

regards,
-marko.

kewe65

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 03:13:37 pm »

it does not update the album tag, if that's what you mean.  i suppose technically speaking live gallery doesn't call the folders 'albums', but it treats them that way.  it fills in all the image-related data (exposure, date taken, etc..)

the script works great - thank you.  however, i really don't want to add this to the list of post-processing/importing/ripping activities i already have to do to keep the library organized as desired, especially since im not the only person who adds stuff to the library.

how about adding the ability to apply rules during importing?

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 12:48:46 am »

Sounds like a good idea, though would need proper consideration and discussion as I could imagine that getting pretty complicated, pretty quickly when you start to think about the many different ways different people use MC.

I'll try to give it some thought and put them into post, why don't you try the same?

In the meantime, perhaps this plugin could achieve your goal?
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=51193.0

-marko
Pages: [1]   Go Up