INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Speaker problem  (Read 1150 times)

jm5546

• Recent member
Speaker problem
« on: June 20, 2010, 09:11:48 am »

I recently gained the courage to assemble my own music server. Amazingly enough, I was able to get everything up and operating, with my Alpha DAC indicating high resolution sampling rates (Yeah!). Even so, I have ran into a significant issue; Occassionally, when MC15 switches between tracks, or from one music file to another, I get a loud "crack" out of my speakers. This happens between tracks of the same file type and resolution, and between files of different resolutions. Conversly, I get no such "cracks" when playing CD's through my Oppo BDP-83.

I have hunted through MC15 looking for solutions, and have already tried the following settings:

Tools > Options > Track Change > "Switch Tracks : Standard (gapped) - 0.1s"

Tools > Options > Settings > "Play silence at startup for hardware synchronization: 1/4 second"

It does not appear that these settings have had any effect. Due to the severity of the "crack", and the potential for damage to my speakers, I am extremely hesitant to use my new server (ouch).

I just loaded MC15, so there are very few files in my library. I have experienced the problem between .wav file tracks, from a HRx sampler disc, and between flac files, as converted during ripping a CD (Nora Jones, come away with me).

Thank you for whatever help you may be able to offer,

Frank

Processor: Intel i5 650
RAM: 8GB Ram
Sound Card: Lynx AES16 (PCI)
DAC: Berkeley Alpha DAC

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: MC15 Has My Speakers On Crack
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2010, 09:56:39 am »

Try increasing the hardware buffer size in your sound card's control panel.

If you're using ASIO in Media Center, you could also just enable the 'Use large hardware buffers' ASIO option.

If you're playing from memory, disable that option.

You might also try a 1 second cross-fade to see if you still get pops.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

jm5546

• Recent member
Re: MC15 Has My Speakers On Crack
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2010, 11:06:38 am »

Thanks Matt!

Indeed, I am using ASIO, and have have been playing from memory. Thank you so much for the help. I will make the changes and keep my fingers crossed.

Regards,

Frank
Pages: [1]   Go Up