INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 15.0.58 -- Available Here  (Read 5287 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 15.0.58 -- Available Here
« on: June 13, 2010, 08:27:29 am »

This is the latest version of MC 15.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved. 

http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/MediaCenter150058.exe

15.0.58 (6/11/2010)

1. Changed: JRSS improvements to matrixing algorithms used for rear channel creation. (applies to 2.0 -> 7.1 and 5.1 -> 7.1 conversion)
2. Changed: The 'hardware style previous' button mode will use a 10 second cutoff when controlling a DLNA device unlike the 1.5 second cutoff during regular playback.
3. Changed: The 'Play / Pause' command for WebRemote plays the current file instead of visible files if playback is stopped.
4. Fixed: WebRemote commands like 'Play' could get cached by the browser and stop working.
5. Fixed: Using WebRemote with an Android, links could fail to work properly after navigating back due to AJAX caching.
6. Optimized: Improved cache-ability of WebRemote / WebPlay webpages, helping browsing performance.
7. Fixed: In rare cases, a core string function could read one character too far and cause a crash.
8. Fixed: When syncing content from Library Server to a handheld, extra unneeded numbers could end up in the final filename that were used during download time.

15.0.57 (6/10/2010)

1. Optimized: Search engine uses more sophisticated logic for deciding the order to evaluate pieces of a database query, providing substantial speed improvements in some cases.
2. Optimized: Database search engine can better discard duplicate search terms, helping performance in applicable cases. (stacking of similar searches is common in nested views, etc.)
3. Changed: Numerous Gizmo improvements: loads images in background thread, adds ability to enter a library server access key to get to library, etc.
4. Changed: Gizmo should be installed from the Android Market (it's free).  Search for "Gizmo" in Market on your phone.
5. Fixed: WebPlay was not showing Play / Shuffle buttons for playlists.
6. Fixed: Mouse wheeling on a horizontal scrollbar could scroll diagonally.
7. Fixed: The player window buttons could highlight on mouse over, even when the mouse was actually over a window on top of the player.
8. Changed: Increased maximum boost / gain available in DSP Studio > Volume Leveling to 18 dB from 12 dB.
9. Fixed: The in-place edit available choices for fields with a fixed list of acceptable values was not working properly.
10. Changed: Reworked how link bar at top right of view is loaded so that it is pulled from disk less often.
11. Changed: Link bar allows creating link rules like '[Genre]=[Rock]' and the available links nicely update as different files are selected.
12. Optimized: Improved performance of link bar system, so that evaluating what links should be shown is much faster.
13. Optimized: Revised view header update system works to provide better view performance.
14. Fixed: The 'Previous' button did not seek to the beginning of the current track when controlling a DLNA device.
15. Optimized: Improved performance of seeking when controlling DLNA devices.
16. Changed: The /MCWS/v1/Alive function does not require password authorization to make checking for running servers possible from MC, Gizmo, etc. without requiring a password prompt.
17. Changed: Added additional handling to prevent DLNA control from skipping two (or more) files when pressing 'Next'.

15.0.56 (6/7/2010)

1. Changed: Added PlayingNowPosition, PlayingNowTracks, and PlayingNowPositionDisplay variables to MCWS/v1/Playback/Info function.
2. Changed: Added .FileKey variable for WebPlay / WebRemote file objects.
3. Fixed: During DLNA control, a manual Next or Previous could causes multiple files to be skipped depending on network timing.
4. Changed: Removed timeout.
5. Fixed: Column changes made while drilled into a library view in the tree were not saved.
6. NEW: Added 'Author' database field, used for author metadata when importing documents. (previously used 'Artist' field)
7. Changed: Import of document title, keywords, etc. from the filesystem better handles UTF-8.
8. Optimized: Loading the default 'Artists' view with a huge library is about 5% faster. (speed increases should help smaller libraries and other views as well)
9. Fixed: VST plugins that exposed a standard DLLRegisterServer(...) function in addition to the standard VST plugin export would not install properly.

15.0.55 (6/7/2010)

1. Changed: Media Type specification for DVB-T television's MPEG-2 audio and AC3 audio is updated.
2. Changed: MC configures DVB-T television's video format before connecting a filter graph so the video media type conforms to DVB-T's PAL standard.
3. NEW: Added new video file type wtv.
4. Fixed: WebRemote did not work nicely with Library Server authorization enabled.
5. Fixed: Quicktime files (mov, qt) could not be thumbnailed if they were set to play in DirectShow.
6. Changed: When playing files externally to MC (i.e. double click a file in Win explorer), windowed playback is now an option in General options.
7. Changed: Improved DLNA track advancement system to be less dependent on DLNA events. (events are used to help performance, but system functions fine even if device doesn't event properly)
8. Fixed: Webpage style stores would just show 'Installing' instead of a webpage. (since build 51)
9. Fixed: Theater View > Playing Now > Info view would not advance properly as tracks changed.

15.0.54 (6/3/2010)

1. NEW: The player automatically detects the arrival of a Google Android (previously required a program restart if the Android was mounted while Media Center was running).
2. Changed: Options > Media Network > Advanced Server Settings > Authentication password is no longer in plain text.
3. Fixed: Leaving Theater View's Hulu view could be slow.

HiFiTubes

Re: Media Center 15.0.58 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 11:22:12 pm »

Minimizing MC during ASIO playback results in a digital artifact, every single time. Buffer at .75, no memory playback, local disk. Windows 7 x64. System is fully optimized for audio playback with a high-end sound card (max Lynx buffer). Using large hardware buffer option in MC. System latency in the green according to DPC Check tool.

Rolled back to .35 and don't have the issue.

Reported here by many veteran users with solid equipment.

tunetyme

• Galactic Citizen
  • Have tunes will travel
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 10:18:15 am »

I still am unable to read the date from my tags.  Any suggestions?

Tunetyme

Curtis

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 04:48:24 pm »

I am unable to download version 58 from within version 49 or from the Interact page. It stalls at 9.7 of 16.7 MB. Can you check the file?

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 06:17:17 pm »

4. Fixed: WebRemote commands like 'Play' could get cached by the browser and stop working.
5. Fixed: Using WebRemote with an Android, links could fail to work properly after navigating back due to AJAX caching.
6. Optimized: Improved cache-ability of WebRemote / WebPlay webpages, helping browsing performance.

When using WebPlay with the new Gizmo app from the Android Marketplace, I can't play large playlists.  When I select a playlist with 1209 files, it just opens the Gizmo and shows me the opening screen, "Play your home media anywhere" and the "Browse Library" button below, which when clicked, just takes me to the screen requiring me to enter my key, then takes me back to the select screen.  the media never plays.  if I select a playlist with 549 files it pauses about 3 or 4 seconds, then shows the cover art and the music plays.

When I then select a playlist with 849 files, it opens the Gizmo, but shows the cover art from the previously playing track, but no music plays and I have the "browse Library" button again, and no media plays.

it seems webremote works fine with the 1209 file playlist now; but it seems I was having issues with it earlier, but perhaps before this most recent version.
pretend this is something funny

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 06:33:53 pm »

I am unable to download version 58 from within version 49 or from the Interact page. It stalls at 9.7 of 16.7 MB. Can you check the file?
I checked it earlier today.   You can also find it at the top of this thread.

sunfire7

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2010, 03:49:53 am »

when changing library, all views incluiding a locked view is also reseted to start page, and we have to unlock it, change it and re-lock it.  Please dont allow to change locked views when changing library!
Happy licensed MC 15-19 User :)
Mac version early bird
My english is not perfect! My native lang is spanish

struct

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2010, 05:52:31 am »

when using a list type field (I have .genre which is a calculated field copy of genre
[Genre]&datatype=[ list] ) as a category in the tree view, there are duplicate fields everywhere.  There is a listing for Acid Jazz returning those for which Acid Jazz is the only entry and there is second listing for Acid Jazz, where this is one of the several genres in the list.  This happens for all genres.  Obviously would prefer a single entry.

thanks
craig[/list]

mikefynn

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2010, 04:54:50 am »

Hi all.

Firstly, thanks must go out to the Media Centre Team for a fantastic, ever improving product.

Then I come with some queries:

Since purchasing the 15.0 Update, I can no longer get my White Cap Visualization to work with the new version, even after reinstalling. Assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Possibly some other updates could be:

Video preview on your primary monitor, with full screen video on the secondary monitor. No need for any controls or buttons as this can all be controlled from the primary screen.

I love the way the tracks can beat mix with each other, how possible would it be to get videos to do this too, with an opacity fade?

What about being able to play an audio playlist, but at the same time be able to play a photo slideshow without losing the audio in the background?

Many thanks for the great work. Chat soon.

Cheers.

Mike.

morrison

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2010, 07:05:36 pm »

"Auto size columns" setting doesn't work for Playing Now window.

"Startup Interface Mode: Last Exit View" doesn't work for Cover View.

Thanks

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2010, 08:48:43 am »

Firstly, thanks must go out to the Media Centre Team for a fantastic, ever improving product.

Thanks for the kind words.

Then I come with some queries:

Since purchasing the 15.0 Update, I can no longer get my White Cap Visualization to work with the new version, even after reinstalling. Assistance would be greatly appreciated.

You may need an updated version of White Cap that understands v15.  Asking Andy and company over at the White Cap / G-Force boards would probably be best.

For your other questions or ideas, please consider starting separate threads so we can discuss them.  Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

struct

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2010, 06:24:57 am »

Reporting as a bug, but perhaps intended limitation...

I have custom tags in m4a files that are not being picked up by MC15.  I have made the library field in MC but nothing is being imported by MC.  Wiki says that it reads m4a tags (but won't write).

I am of course assuming that there isn't something wrong with Music Picard that is doing the writing to the files.  Only evidence I have is that MC is picking up the same tags that are written to MP3 files, just nothing on the m4a files.

Thanks
Craig

PS Let me know if you need a copy of a sample file.

PPS Able to write tags to m4a files would be great.  There are a lot of programs out there that are doing m4a tag writing (T&Rename, Foobar, MusicPicard, etc) so maybe something has changed???

Regis

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2010, 10:13:40 pm »

Qual o melhor Windows para rodar o MC15 ?

tunetyme

• Galactic Citizen
  • Have tunes will travel
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2010, 09:30:48 am »

When importing new files where the cover art is in the directory 15 does not pick up the cover art.  Quick find on each album works.  I can also select all and execute quickfind and that works well too.

Thanks

Tunetyme

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2010, 10:43:17 am »

When importing new files where the cover art is in the directory 15 does not pick up the cover art.  Quick find on each album works.  I can also select all and execute quickfind and that works well too.

Thanks

Tunetyme

Import will only associate with art if the art is in the default location ([Cover Art Folder]\[Artist] - [Album].jpg, Folder.jpg, etc.)

If you use non-standard naming, you will have to use Quick Find.  Quick Find uses looser matching rules.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2010, 11:09:38 am »

Qual o melhor Windows para rodar o MC15 ?

Google Translate: What is the best Windows to run MC15?

XP, Vista and Windows 7 are all fine.

You don't need to upgrade to the latest Windows version because of MC15. Of course you may have other reasons to do that.

Google Translate:

XP, Vista e Windows 7 está tudo bem.

Você não precisa atualizar para a versão mais recente do Windows por causa do MC15. É claro que você pode ter outros motivos para fazer isso.

;)
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up