INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to setup Theaterviews Libraries, for HOME And WORK USE?  (Read 1604 times)

HTPC4ME

• Citizen of the Universe
  • LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!

is it possible for me to setup multiple theaterview libraries\views?

we started  a new business and are small in minneapolis. Goathead we print anything on anything for anyone.

Anywho had to sell my sell there a bit :)

I want to make a theaterview for my customers when they come to our house.... in the living room i want theaterview playing relaxing music. all backgrounds to be my goathead logo, and i want the Display to be on images\goathead catalog, and in there i want my folders of images... first forlder would be named, tshirts, all tshirts would be in there, second would be banners, third electronic labels, warning lables, die cut, fourth wall banners mosaics canvas. etc.. and this would give the customers i feel a Very relaxed Wanting to buy environment.... My only qustion concern

how do i accomplish this? i dont want to change a single thing to my currect home theater view!  but i do want a custom theaterview for WORK, so i can totally customise the whole library, to work related video shows, image slideshows, presntations images powerpoint slideshow style. etc...

is ther eby chance to load diffrent theaterviews as there is diffrent libraries?

HTPC4ME

Re: How to setup Theaterviews Libraries, for HOME And WORK USE?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 03:09:01 am »

another feature if its not already possible?

is there away when playing music and clients are and i have the slideshow teaser going and they see and image of the work we do i can pause the slideshow, AND the music? when i press pause on my remote ONLY the slideshow pauses and the music keep playing.

and to be UBER COOL... is there away to setup a plugin that when My Partner and i need to pause the slideshow it will auto FADE the volume to say 10% while we talk with our clients about the idea "they thought of while watching the presentation during our meeting" and once done we can resume the slideshow and volume will go back to where it was before we paused.. fading up

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 06:53:58 am »

If you just switch libraries, you should be able to run a second or third to do some of what you want.

The first press of stop will stop the slideshow.  Then you can pause or stop the music.  Mute might work.

Spacebar on a keyboard pauses and resumes the slideshow.

HTPC4ME

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 10:06:21 am »

Grrr...I obviously wasnt thinking at all. that will work perfectly! Sweet...Thanks
The first press of stop will stop the slideshow.  Then you can pause or stop the music.  Mute might work.
is there any way to just use one button to pause and resume both?

HTPC4ME

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2010, 01:17:03 pm »

i've started making my business library.. when i go to theaterview. how do i make it so your default van gogh images are not there and just my business logo is on EVER PAGE.. i want to delete all images in theaterview and put in our animated logo for all screens in theaterview. BUT i don't want it to change my theaterview backgrounds for my personal library... can this be done?

ive went to C:\Users\elmafudd\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 15\Goathead (goathead being business name\business library) but there is no theaterview skin folder in there? if i goto program files there is. but i dont want to change my regular view backgrounds.. hope i'm explaining this correctly?
thanks

HTPC4ME

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2010, 03:12:24 pm »

i made the goathead business library. and edited theaterview views... then i went to my htpc library theaterview and all my theater views have changed to my goathead business theater views(basically goathead music, goathead work pics. and EVERYTHING ELSE I REMOVED)..... is theaterview the same for all libraries? why would i make a new library? and loose my whole HTPC THEATERVIEW setup?

What do i do now?

This has taken me months to make my theaterview be perfect with my rules and views. i need it back!

not to mention the time i need my htpc library the most is this week due to going on vacation tomm... now everything is gone!

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2010, 03:19:32 pm »

Try restoring a backup, including your user settings.

You could install MC to get the standard Theater View back.

HTPC4ME

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2010, 03:27:18 pm »

OHHHH Thank god!!!

the restore got my htpc back...Thanks Jim for the the life saving Restore Tip!!!

so back to my original post and your reply... is it possible for me to have 2 libraries with 2 SEPERATE Theaterviews? and Theaterview background images? how can i achieve this with out Jeopordizing my HTPC library which is perfect.

thank you

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2010, 03:29:28 pm »

You might try setting MC up under a different Windows user account.

Go slow and double check your original installation.  Make sure you don't put your library files in the same location as the orginal user.

HTPC4ME

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2010, 03:35:19 pm »

Question... I plan on setting this up in our living room\office for our customers.. if i have a pc in there, and that one connects to library servers htpc library, i could make that one have its own library being it doesnt already have one? and i should still be able to see htpc library servers theaterview when i choose search for servers... Correct?

cause this would be doable for me if you think it will work without manipuating my htpc library being its on diffrent pc and connect via media network.

thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up