INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playlist stops playing when I am streaming to a DLNA-device  (Read 6129 times)

Al ex

• Citizen of the Universe

MC 15 .38

When I am playing a playlist to my DLNA device, the playlist stopps playing after a couple of songs. Sometimes already after the first song. I have to manually skip to the next song...

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Playlist stops playing when I am streaming to a DLNA-device
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 12:08:50 pm »

What is the device?  Did you try updating its firmware?

Al ex

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 12:30:06 pm »

Western Digital TV Live with my HiFi connected to it.
The firmware is the latest one.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 02:45:58 pm »

How exactly are you doing it?
Playing a playlist from the WDTV
or
Pushing a playlist to it via the MC interface
or
using MC or another controller (like plugplayer) to send the playlist to the WD?

Al ex

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 11:37:28 am »

How exactly are you doing it?
Playing a playlist from the WDTV
or
Pushing a playlist to it via the MC interface
or
using MC or another controller (like plugplayer) to send the playlist to the WD?

The music is stored on my Laptop
I am streaming the music wirelessly to the WiFi-router, which is then going to the WDTV
On the WDTV, the HiFi is connected.

Has worked many times before. Unfortunately canīt say, since which version of MC this now happens, maybe for the last 3 weeks now?

Furthermore, when using DLNA like described in the scenario above, Last.Fm scrobbling doesnt work and never worked before.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2010, 10:06:29 am »

I'm thinking build 44 might help:

3. NEW: When controlling DLNA devices, playback will advance between tracks even if the device is not sending subscription events properly.

could you try that?

Al ex

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2010, 04:08:30 pm »

Yes, that looks very good, testing the whole evening already -works like a charm :)

(except of last.fm-scrobbling in combination with DLNA-feature)

BullishDad

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2010, 08:17:23 pm »

I'm having a similar problem -- playback stops when listening to a playlist on a Roku Soundbridge M1001.

I'm currently using .046.  When I select a playlist (can view list of songs in Playing Now) and it gets to the end of the song, the Roku will display, "Playback Stopped, Press Play to Start".  It will not advance to the next song on its own.

Interestingly, WebRemote says, "Playing" and not "Stopped".  When I went back to the PC, it was showing the time counter continuing 4 seconds past the end of the song, then returning to the end and continuing in this loop.  Example:  song is 4:08 long.  MC would count to 4:12, then go back to 4:08 and go forward to 4:12 again, etc.  No music was audible while this was happening.

I turned off Crossfade and selected Gapless, plus unchecked "Don't play leading and trailing silence."  This had no effect.  The song still stopped.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2010, 08:45:14 pm »

48 is available

BullishDad

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2010, 09:30:04 pm »

Thanks, Jim.

Just downloaded 48, but same problem persists.  With 48 I tried loading all audio instead of a playlist and the same thing happened.  "Playback Stopped" message on the Roku at the end of the first song played.

Also, when I used WebRemote and changed to Zone1 (PC Speakers) MC advanced to the next song without a problem.

BullishDad

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2010, 11:47:41 am »

Still trying to get WebRemote to play continuously on my Roku Soundbridge M1001.  Dowloaded 49 but it didn't make a difference.  Tried changing a few settings, but nothing helped.

In order to get WebRemote working with the M1001, first I needed to use the M1001's remote to connect to the MC Library.  Then I selected music to play using WebRemote.  It will start playing quickly, but it takes about 45 seconds for the M1001's display to show the track info.  I don't mind the delay, but when the song reaches the end, I get the "Playback Stopped" message.  It won't advance to the additional songs listed in the Playing Now queue automatically.

For some reason the interaction between the M1001 and MC causes the "Playback Stopped" message on the M1001 at the end of a track.  Is there any setting I can change that would fix this?

If it helps, feel free to move my posts to a separate thread.  Initially, it seemed my problem was similar to what theweasel68 was experiencing.  However, my problem is consistent in that it always stops after the first song, and pertains to a different device.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2010, 12:56:32 pm »

Still trying to get WebRemote to play continuously on my Roku Soundbridge M1001.  Dowloaded 49 but it didn't make a difference.  Tried changing a few settings, but nothing helped.

In order to get WebRemote working with the M1001, first I needed to use the M1001's remote to connect to the MC Library.  Then I selected music to play using WebRemote.  It will start playing quickly, but it takes about 45 seconds for the M1001's display to show the track info.  I don't mind the delay, but when the song reaches the end, I get the "Playback Stopped" message.  It won't advance to the additional songs listed in the Playing Now queue automatically.
If you try pushing a playlist to the M1001 by right clicking on it and doing send to does it go on to the next song?
If you try pulling a playlist from the M1001 remote do you get the same behavior?
For some reason the interaction between the M1001 and MC causes the "Playback Stopped" message on the M1001 at the end of a track.  Is there any setting I can change that would fix this?
I don't think so. It seems like a quirk of the device.
If it helps, feel free to move my posts to a separate thread.  Initially, it seemed my problem was similar to what theweasel68 was experiencing.  However, my problem is consistent in that it always stops after the first song, and pertains to a different device.

BullishDad

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2010, 05:58:32 pm »

If you try pushing a playlist to the M1001 by right clicking on it and doing send to does it go on to the next song?
If you try pulling a playlist from the M1001 remote do you get the same behavior?

Thanks for trying to help, Bob.

When I tried pushing by right clicking and using send, I still get the "Playback Stopped" message after the first song.  Same behavior as using Webremote described earlier.

When pulling a playlist using the M1001 remote, the unit advances to the next track automatically.  I don't get the "Playback Stopped" message.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2010, 06:47:50 pm »

We have something in beta now that may correct the behavior you are describing. It should be available soon.

BullishDad

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2010, 09:36:33 pm »

We have something in beta now that may correct the behavior you are describing. It should be available soon.
That would be great!  I'll try to test it out as soon as I see it's available.

BullishDad

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2010, 09:30:45 pm »

Installed .56 which helped, but it is not quite there yet for use with the M1001.

When reaching the end of a track, I still get the "Playback Stopped" message, however, about 7-10 seconds later the M1001 screen will change and the next track will queue up then begin playing.

If I use the M1001's remote, the transition between tracks is immediate.

Definitely progress, but the pause between tracks is long enough to be annoying.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2010, 03:55:21 pm »

When you get a chance, can you let us know how 58 works for you? Thanks...

BullishDad

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2010, 09:43:47 pm »

Hi Bob.  I tried 57 and 58 and the results were the same as 56.  Stopped for 7-10 seconds, then queued. About 10-15 seconds total between tracks.

With the M1001's remote, there is no "Playback Stopped" message, hence, the immediate transition between tracks. 

Al ex

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2010, 12:34:20 pm »

When you get a chance, can you let us know how 58 works for you? Thanks...

I have used MC 58 for a couple of days now by using wireless DLNA with my WD TV LIVE extensively - everything is working fine. No stops, the whole playlist is played as it should do!  Thx   ;D

BullishDad

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2010, 09:38:56 pm »

Installed 65 and the transition between tracks is greatly improved!  I still see "Playback Stopped" very briefly, then the next song queues up.  Total time is about 2-3 seconds between tracks which is acceptable.  Thank you for working on this.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2010, 03:35:13 pm »

Yea! Thanks for the feedback!
Pages: [1]   Go Up