INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FAQ Manual (active index & printer friendly) Now Available  (Read 1130 times)

crisnee

• World Citizen
FAQ Manual (active index & printer friendly) Now Available
« on: June 17, 2010, 10:50:46 am »

I've whipped up the manual as promised elsewhere. It's in word format. For some information regarding said the intro follows:

"Intro to the Abbreviated JRiver Media Center FAQ

Most of the more complicated and longer topics that likely will be referred to repeatedly are included; Two topics in ALL CAPS are available in a separate file because they are formatted for landscape viewing and printing. I didn’t want to mix the layouts; it might have made for some confusion.

You can use this file in several ways.
1. Similar to the way you use it on-line, by clicking on the topics or some ABCs.
2. By scrolling through the topics without clicking on anything.
3. By going to a topic and scrolling from there. (most every page has a back to the top link so you can always get back to the index if you feel lost.)
4. Print out topics or sections of the text by specifying page numbers/ranges.
5. Print out the whole file and make up a manual (the index includes page numbers).  

All topics (except those with strike thrus) are linked to their content or reside very near a linked topic. Topics not available are one time look sees, self evident, links only, covered elsewhere, or very specialized, for the most part). Since this file is editable anyone can add anything (including topics) they like quite easily.

Other than formatting and hyper linking, I’ve done only minimal editing. I’ve compacted the text by eliminating double spaces and realigning vertical columns to horizontal and implementing some other minor tweaks. That should save 10-15% in paper for those who want to printout sections or all.

For the most part I did not include links to the interact forum. They can just as easily be accessed from the on-line FAQ, as one needs to be using the computer anyway.

Some of the page numbers are out of order, most just slightly but…. If you’re not using the links, go by the page numbers not by the order of the index.

If you have any comments, thoughts, criticisms, let me know.

-Chris"

Email me for now if you want a copy. If there's enough interest, I can set up a better way for folks to get it. (It's 71 pages long, about 1.2 mb)

crisnee

• World Citizen
Re: FAQ Manual (active index & printer friendly) Now Available
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 11:18:23 am »

If you're interested in improving the manual, please send me links to useful articles, or point me to topics that you find of particular interest that should be included.

I am editing some of the articles for language, however my expertise is not sufficient to edit for content. Those of you who have the manual in its current iteration please make content corrections to articles if applicable, and send them to me; I will add them in.

To get a manual, email a request to me. I'm also almost done with a Kindle/ebook version.

-Chris

HiFiTubes

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 08:28:12 am »

Email sent. Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 08:30:04 am »

I'm closing this thread.  We would appreciate any efforts to improve the wiki.
Pages: [1]   Go Up