INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can we save plug-in chains as presets?  (Read 1224 times)

Lunatique

• World Citizen
Can we save plug-in chains as presets?
« on: June 24, 2010, 02:24:10 am »

I haven't upgraded to 15 yet since there's still one major feature I really need, and that is the ability to save plug-in chains as presets. For example, I might want to save a preset for a particular combination of plug-ins, each with specific parameter settings, and then save another preset of different plug-in chain and settings. This is very useful if I have multiple headphones and monitor speakers, and I have specific EQ, crossfeed, multiband compressions...etc settings for each of them, and when I switch between them quickly to compare them, I would need instant switching between entire plugin-in chains/settings with a single click. This is also very helpful when I have room correction and EQ correction and crossfeed settings for the monitors and headphones, and I want to be able to turn entire plug-in chains on or off instantly instead of clicking on them one-by-one which take too long for quick A/B comparisons. It's also very important to force some plug-ins to remember settings. Something like Easy-Q can save presets, but does not automatically recall them, and it would be crucial to force plug-ins to recall settings for various plug-in chains.

If this feature gets implemented, I'll upgrade for sure.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
Re: Can we save plug-in chains as presets?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 10:26:38 am »

You can go to Player > Playback Options > Zone Manager and add zones. Each zone can use the same output, but all the DSP settings are specific to that zone. Label the default zone as Speakers and then create another zone called Headphones. Now you can just switch zones and all your plugin chains and presets will also change.

Lunatique

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 11:02:06 am »

Oh NICE! I had no idea MC could do that. For a media player/manager, it really is filled to the brim with crazy features! Thanks!

Lunatique

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2010, 11:12:06 am »

Whoa, something I didn't expect happened. It seems that each zone operates completely independent of each other, and if I'm doing an A/B comparison between plug-in chains (zones) of the same song, it doesn't work. Each zone plays and stops its own track separately. How can I have all zones controlling the same track's playback (so I could just switch between the zones and have the plug-in chain change, the the same song still playing)?

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2010, 12:25:01 pm »

You can synchronize them, but the zones will remain independent. So, for example, if you pause, the track will continue to play in other zones.
Pages: [1]   Go Up