INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Handheld Playlist Sync - Is it possible to sync playlist groups?  (Read 1127 times)

chriswale

• World Citizen

Hi,

How do I sync playlist groups to my handheld device?
I have a bunch of smart playlists organised into different playlist groups - but when I sync with my handheld device, all the playlists appear in the same folder.
Does anybody know how I can get playlists to sync into their respective Playlist Groups as folders?

I hope someone can help...
Thanks.

Chris

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!

Playlists will not be nested on the device, as most devices don't support nesting.

If you have a popular device that does support nesting, could you tell us a little more about it?

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

chriswale

• World Citizen

Hi Matt.

I'm not sure what nesting is. But it is not nesting that I am talking about.

I have a windows mobile device with a storage card.
When I sync music and playlists with the storage card, the music and playlists are synchronised into [folders] (depending on my sync settings in media center).
All songs are synced into /Music/[artist]/[album], and all playlists are synced into /Playlists.

Current Issue:

If I have 3 playlist groups [Rock Music Playlists] [Dance Music Playlists] [Lounge Music Playlists].
If there are 20 smart playlists within each group = that is a total of 60 playlists.
When I sync these playlists with my storage card on my phone, all 60 of these playlists are synchronised into one folder (/Playlists).  

Solution:

Create functionality for playlists to be synchronised into folders /Playlists/[playlist group].
For example (from above):
/Playlists/Rock Music Playlists (20)
/Playlists/Dance Music Playlists (20)
/Playlists/Lounge Music Playlists (20)

If the user has many playlists, this would make playlist navigation on music player much easier, be it; Pocket Player, Pocket Music, or Media Player.

chriswale

• World Citizen
Re: Handheld Playlist Sync - Is it possible to sync playlist groups?
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 03:42:01 pm »

I've tried to move the playlists into folders on the device after synchronisation...
but then they don't work. The songs don't play.

chriswale

• World Citizen
Re: Handheld Playlist Sync - Is it possible to sync playlist groups?
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 02:48:42 am »

I've developed my own process to sync the playlist groups (as folders on the mobile device within playlists/).

Select group (i.e. group 1) to sync, set playlists destination on the device to playlists/group 1 - SYNC
Select group (i.e. group 2) to sync, set playlists destination on the device to playlists/group 2 - SYNC
Follow steps for each group until finished.

This is a manual solution. But it's the best option I have for now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up