INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unknown Encoder Error  (Read 1846 times)

jsjanx

• Recent member
Unknown Encoder Error
« on: June 28, 2010, 10:16:25 pm »

I'm using Media Center 15 and running into repeated errors with the following message, "Unknown Encoder Error"...There is no other information provided, nor anything from Windows...I have a Dell XPS 1330 Laptop with Windows 7...This error occurs after the encoder has ripped multiple track, then suddenly encounters the error...When I clear the error, it repeats over and over until I close the encoder...The only thing I can consider is perhaps there is some type of communication error between the encoder and the USB connections on my computer to the Western Digital 2TB removal hard drive that I'm encoding to, but there is no indication that this is the problem.  Has anyone experienced this problem?

Thanks for any help...

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Unknown Encoder Error
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 06:47:18 am »

I'm using Media Center 15 and running into repeated errors with the following message, "Unknown Encoder Error"...There is no other information provided, nor anything from Windows...I have a Dell XPS 1330 Laptop with Windows 7...This error occurs after the encoder has ripped multiple track, then suddenly encounters the error...When I clear the error, it repeats over and over until I close the encoder...The only thing I can consider is perhaps there is some type of communication error between the encoder and the USB connections on my computer to the Western Digital 2TB removal hard drive that I'm encoding to, but there is no indication that this is the problem. 
What codec?  MP3?

Are you using an external encoder?  Or one of MC's stock encoders?

jsjanx

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 12:02:36 pm »

I'm using MC's Flac encoder, default settings, copy mode "Secure"....

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 02:12:25 pm »

This may be fixed in build 68.

Hopefully you can test once it's available and let us know.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up