INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What's wrong with this album? (screenshot) [solved]  (Read 973 times)

latebeat

• Recent member
What's wrong with this album? (screenshot) [solved]
« on: July 05, 2010, 08:55:17 pm »

Hi all,

from time to time I'm having problems with album groupings.. Here's a screenshot of some recently imported albums. Check the selected thumbnails.... as you can see all the other albums are grouped fine (including some other compilation ablums) however for the twisted disco all the files are shown separately and not grouped as a single album?

ID3 tag is correct, I double checked with tagtuner and ID3TagEdit

Any ideas why this is happening?

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: What's wrong with this album? (screenshot)
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 11:15:14 pm »

This wiki topic should help. In particular, check the problem album complies with the "Rules for Album Artist (auto)."

I don't think it has any bearing on this issue, but you might want to update to the latest build of the program.

Frobozz

• Citizen of the Universe
  • There is a small mailbox here.
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 11:18:53 pm »

Your "Album Artist" is set to "[Varies]" which means each of those files is tagged with a different album artist.  J River is grouping by Album Artist and with each file having a different Album Artist the grouping is degrouped (I just made up that word).

Make sure each file in the album is tagged with the proper artist in the Artist tag.  Select all the files for that album and clear the Album Artist.  The album will now be grouped together as a "(Multiple Artists)" album.

Here's the rules for Album Artist (Auto)
Here's the rules for Multiple Artist Albums

Keep both of those sets of rules consistent and your multiple artist albums will group together.

latebeat

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2010, 08:08:58 am »

Thank you... thank you... thank you guys!! I didn't know that and it's great now that I understand how it's supposed to work! I guess when I imported the album cause of the CD1, CD2 folder structure it wasn't recognized as a single multiple artists album.

I cleared the album artist now and it works perfectly!!

Pages: [1]   Go Up