INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "play local file if one that matches library server is found" - how does it work  (Read 2404 times)

flac.rules

• Citizen of the Universe

The "play local file if one that matches library server is found"-option, how does it work? Or in other words, what conditions need to be fulfilled for it to work? Does the music have to be on the same drive letter on the server as the client? I have a server, with all my music shared, and mapped on most machines on the lan. I would like those machines to not stream, but just play directly from the mapped drive. While Laptops etc will be streaming.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!

Yes, the client must see the files in the same folder structure.  For example, if a file on the server is M:\Music\The Band\The Song.mp3, map the folders so that the file is also seen as M:\Music\The Band\The Song.mp3 on the client.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

morrison

• Galactic Citizen

You are right, media files can be available at same drive/patch on server and client.

Its work fine for me - if "play local file if one that matches library server is found" checked (and "play files from memory instead of disk" in my case too) - MC Client plays local files - I see how MC buffers the entire file before playback.

If "play local file if one that matches library server is found" unchecked, audio playback on client side start immediately, and I see another message in library server log - "Writing   GET:http://**** Served ** MB" - its a live playback.

Same for video files

flac.rules

Yes, the client must see the files in the same folder structure.  For example, if a file on the server is M:\Music\The Band\The Song.mp3. map the folders so that the file is also seen as M:\Music\The Band\The Song.mp3 on the client.

Ok, good to get that clarified, I need to do some re-arrangment of drive letter then :)

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!

It may also work using UNC paths, but again both server and client must do the same.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

wig

• MC Beta Team

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but is there any way to test if a file is playing locally vs over the network?
Pages: [1]   Go Up