INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trying to clear Replay Gain tag but keeps coming back?  (Read 1374 times)

cncb

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Trying to clear Replay Gain tag but keeps coming back?
« on: July 07, 2010, 07:44:55 am »

I am trying to clear the Replay Gain tags of several MP3 files.  I select them all and clear the tag (select the empty entry in the drop-down) which seems to succeed (the files are not read-only and I get no errors when saving the tags).  They remain cleared for a while but sometime later the previous values just show up again?  I do not have auto-import set for this directory and the Library is not open read-only.  Any ideas?
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

Vincent Kars

Re: Trying to clear Replay Gain tag but keeps coming back?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 09:41:41 am »

If you have ‘Analyze Audio’ on (MC speak for replaygain) they probably will be added automatically

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 10:02:33 am »

I do have this checked for "Auto-import" but expected it to just be done for new files that are "auto-imported".  Does it perform this on the whole library?
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

Vincent Kars

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 10:12:22 am »

Don't know, never tried it.
Volume leveling in DSP studio?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2010, 10:41:04 am »

I do have this checked for "Auto-import" but expected it to just be done for new files that are "auto-imported".  Does it perform this on the whole library?

Yes.

Auto-import (optionally) does library maintenance jobs like getting cover art, analyzing audio, removing orphans, and updating for external changes.  These apply to the entire library.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

MusicHawk

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2010, 10:55:00 am »

Auto-import (optionally) does library maintenance jobs like getting cover art, analyzing audio, removing orphans, and updating for external changes.  These apply to the entire library.

Suggestion: Could these actions be offered on the Tools menu separate from Auto-Import, such as in Tools > Library Tools?

This would help when the need is to do some or all of this library maintenance, but NOT import anything (in fact, AVOID importing anything). It seems odd to have to dig into Import to get to non-import actions to run on existing records.

Of course, it's fine to also provide them as (Auto)Import actions, but in that case they should only run when actually importing, and perhaps only process the imported records.
Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.
Pages: [1]   Go Up