INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Update to the last version of MC15 in the help menu,gives error message  (Read 1545 times)

G Tiemessen

• Junior Woodchuck

Hello,

Sinds longer time it is no longer possible to update (15.0.070) from the HELP Menu.
It gives error message "Failed to Download Update"
Does somebody know what to do?

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe

the update from help is always a bit behind. the most recent update is on top of the forum, i think only some are put on the main page and i  guess also on the update link.

:)
gab

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

It sounds like something is blocking download of the update.xml file.   Is IE installed?

G T,
What happens if you try this link?
www.jrmediacenter.com/versions_data/v15/update.xml

gab,
Good to see you back.  Where did you go?  Any pictures?  Any stories?

Jim

zxsix

• MC Beta Team

What happens if you try this link?
www.jrmediacenter.com/versions_data/v15/update.xml

Jim

I'm seeing this when I try that URL...

Code: [Select]
The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An invalid character was found in text content. Error processing resource 'http://www.jrmediacenter.com/versions_data/v15/u...

<Name>Disco extra

JimH

• Administrator

I'm seeing this when I try that URL...

Code: [Select]
The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An invalid character was found in text content. Error processing resource 'http://www.jrmediacenter.com/versions_data/v15/u...

<Name>Disco extra

Thanks.  That's what you should see.  That's the file that is used by MC to decide what needs to be updated.

gappie

gab,
Good to see you back.  Where did you go?  Any pictures?  Any stories?

Jim

thanks jim.. was in amsterdam, my wife went to toledo ohio for her work, i found it a good time to visit my mother, and take care for her a bit.. no pics. no stories.

gab

JimH

• Administrator

That's a story.  I'm sure she was happy to see you.

Almost in Amsterdam for the (part orange) finals of the World Cup, which I was a few years ago, in the harbor at Den Helder.

gappie

That's a story.  I'm sure she was happy to see you.

Almost in Amsterdam for the (part orange) finals of the World Cup, which I was a few years ago, in the harbor at Den Helder.
i was looking forward to the finals here, germany - holland. would have been nice as some of the few orange people here, if not only spain..  8)
den helder is where my family comes from. i hope you sailed on to den oever, the start of the afsluitdijk. much smaller, but imo nicer none the less.

gab

JimH

• Administrator

i was looking forward to the finals here, germany - holland. would have been nice as some of the few orange people here, if not only spain..  8)
den helder is where my family comes from. i hope you sailed on to den oever, the start of the afsluitdijk. much smaller, but imo nicer none the less.
I sailed with three Dutch guys, all twenty years younger and much better sailors, in a rally called the Nord Zee something (meaning triangle).  We sailed North from Den Helder to Lerwick in the Shetland Islands at the North end of Scotland, stopped there for two nights, then Southeast to Farsund, Norway, stopped two nights again, then back to Den Helder.  You were probably there to watch me stumble off the boat.
Pages: [1]   Go Up