INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IPTC:Headline  (Read 1495 times)

dcwebman

• Citizen of the Universe
IPTC:Headline
« on: July 06, 2010, 08:31:17 am »

This came up almost a year ago and it still doesn't work today. Is Tag(IPTC:Headline) supposed to work? If not, how do I get my IPTC information that MC has read (you can see it in the Format field) into an MC field?
Jeff

dcwebman

Re: IPTC:Headline
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 07:41:00 am »

Guess there isn't a way yet.
Jeff

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 07:45:43 am »

Did you try creating a field with that name in MC?  I don't know if it will work.  MC may only read the tags the first time the file is imported.  Or using Library Tools maybe.

raldo

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010, 08:45:19 am »

Did you try creating a field with that name in MC?  I don't know if it will work.  MC may only read the tags the first time the file is imported.  Or using Library Tools maybe.

It simply doesn't work. As Dcwebman points out, this has come up several times before. We simply do not have access to a subset of IPTC (EXIF) tags.

I believe there should be a complete 1-1 relationship between IPTC/EXIF tags and MC tags. Just like there is for mp3.

IPTC/EXIF are perfectly standardized so that shouldn't be an issue.

dcwebman

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 03:02:54 pm »

Ditto on what raldo said. Plus what's even more frustrating is that MC can read the IPTC tags since they're visible in the Format field, we just can't pull the values from there.
Jeff

tonse

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2010, 03:47:36 pm »

I had some previous posts on IPTC. I agree: It should be possible to import all the IPTC data in seperate library fields.
I have geotagged al my images and can't find browse them by location in MC15

tonse

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2010, 03:16:54 pm »

Is there any possibility that someone is having a look at the implementation of IPTC. Not just the headlines, but also Country and City and State, and Location. Right now they are (for some strange reason to me) combined in Places. Can't you just split them up and give them all there separate library field in MC?
Pages: [1]   Go Up