INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WebPlay Issues  (Read 1436 times)

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
WebPlay Issues
« on: July 13, 2010, 05:18:18 pm »

A few issues with WebPlay in build 73 (and earlier):

-- The list of media files are all in alphabetical order rather than respecting the sort order of the underlying view (e.g. by track number in the case of a custom podcast view), but this behavior doesn't appear to occur in all views, e.g. Smartlists but does occur in my custom view for podcasts. This view works fine via Library Server, BTW.

-- Similarly, recently added files (again, e.g. podcasts) don't appear in conventional WebPlay views until MC is restarted, but do show up in Smartlists displayed using WebPlay.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: WebPlay Issues
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 04:42:12 pm »

-- The list of media files are all in alphabetical order rather than respecting the sort order of the underlying view (e.g. by track number in the case of a custom podcast view), but this behavior doesn't appear to occur in all views, e.g. Smartlists but does occur in my custom view for podcasts. This view works fine via Library Server, BTW.

I don't seem to be able to reproduce this.

In Options > Media Network > WebPlay > Customize views..
I made a view "Sort Test"

I added a category "Artists" sorted by date imported.

Then I clicked "Set rules for file display..." and specified a sorting of "Duration (z-a)"

As far as I can tell, it's putting new artists at the top and their longest songs at the top of file lists.

Could you give a more specific example you're trying that isn't working?  Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: WebPlay Issues
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 02:18:27 am »

Thanks. The display order issue was my ignorance of the need to specify a different display order for WebPlay in the Media Network settings page.
Pages: [1]   Go Up