INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Build 73: Sync Changes with Library Server Not Working  (Read 1672 times)

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Build 73: Sync Changes with Library Server Not Working
« on: July 13, 2010, 05:29:31 pm »

Attempts to add or change Library Views or delete playlists from a library server client don't persist on the server even after a manual sync with the server that reports success. A later connection of a library server client or a check of the PC running the library server itself shows no evidence of these changes. These are the only behaviors I tried, but I suspect the problem is more widespread.

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Build 73: Sync Changes with Library Server Not Working
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 04:54:04 am »

I don't believe these things have ever sync'd back to the server.

I'd say at this stage it's "by design" not a bug as such.

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 07:45:33 am »

Those are planned for the future, after new security features are implemented.  Currently play stats and tag edits to the songs are what gets synchronized.

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 01:03:27 pm »

In prior builds these items were synchronized and this was not noted as a change. Why do you believe these are not intended to synchronize?

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2010, 02:53:50 pm »

I use library server feature every day.  I've been involved in it via the beta program since it's inception several versions back.  Up until recently, tag changes were updated in the library but not in the file tags.  Matt added that enhancement after I and another user pointed it out.  During that conversation I pointed out that changes to playlists weren't saved on the server's library.  The developer told me directly that hadn't yet been implemented yet, and wouldn't be until some new security features get added first.  As far as I know, edits to smartlists has never worked in previous versions.

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2010, 05:08:49 pm »

Definitely more than play stats and tag edits get sync'd.

For example, I can create and modify playlists and those changes get sync'd to the library server. But when I delete a playlist on the client those changes are not sync'd to the library server.

Perhaps this is by design, but it would be helpful to have more public transparency re the current state of what gets sync'd to the library server.

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2010, 08:46:15 pm »

I remember a programmer stating that deletes aren't accepted because there's currently no security you can set to prevent anyone from doing that.

Maybe regular playlists get saved.  Don't know since I use all smartlists.  Edits to the layout of viewschemes also doesn't save on the server at this time.

They've got enhancment plans for this area, we just don't know when on the development timeline.
Pages: [1]   Go Up