INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ipod touch and iphone?  (Read 2669 times)

newsposter

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
ipod touch and iphone?
« on: July 15, 2010, 05:29:37 pm »

sync via MC 15 (post .31) or not?  Yay or nay?

What about the iP 4??

BTW, this link (http://www.jrmediacenter.com/features.html) is STILL MC14 centric......

sunfire7

Re: ipod touch and iphone?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 01:10:01 am »

Im afraid sync is not possible since long time (still some old products are compatible), because apple's politics. However there are some workarounds to be able to sync your mc media library to iphone/itouch via itunes, explore this forum:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=18.0

if helps, here is what I do:

I have a smartlist with the music I want to be sync to iphone: "4/5 stars + sync=yes - sync=no"
being sync a custom field to be able to control what I want to sync

Sync the smartlist to a custom folder via handled sync in MC (flac to mp3 is done here)

So everytime I want to sync my itouch I open itunes, import the folder where j rivers sync my smartlist and then I sync to itouch.

Rating and other stats are not saved but I dont care that much about that  :)

for a more complete sync between j river and itunes you have this:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=51734.0
Happy licensed MC 15-19 User :)
Mac version early bird
My english is not perfect! My native lang is spanish

newsposter

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 01:18:58 pm »

It's my understanding that as long as AMDS is properly installed and running, third party software should be able to talk to an iPod Touch and iPhone to load both content and playlists.

AMDS=Apple Mobile Device Service, which is (more or less) the Apple-specific USB device drivers for windows.

The iPod Touch and the Iphone 4 require the most recent available version of AMDS (v17.58.0.something seems to be the latest). The installer .msi can be extracted from the iTunes download with something like 7Zip or WinRAR.

Does Apple have an available SDK/API that talks to AMDS?

Or perhaps the 'correct' way to sync a Touch/iPhone with MC is via an applet?  Instead of pushing the content in via the PC side, have an iPhone applet that **pulls** content made available to it. Assuming that the Church of Jobs and Dear Leader would approve of such a thing.

An applet that is pull-oriented might be the way to go with Android devices as well.  Put some of the onus for sync on the device itself.  These are, after all, supposed to be smart devices with gobs of ram and gigaherz processors.  And a set of app stores.  Might as well take advantage of them.  Posting applets in the Android and iPhone app stores might be a sneaky way to get publicity for MC as well.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 02:05:35 pm »

Apple has made it clear they don't want developers doing many things, including sync to idevices.

Concerning writing an iPod app, they control whether we could get it into the store, so we could do a lot of work, then have them say no.  I don't think we'll do that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up