INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No Sound after upgrading to MC15  (Read 1086 times)

Simon Chick

• Recent member
No Sound after upgrading to MC15
« on: July 17, 2010, 03:01:17 am »

I just installed MC15, bought the upgrade licence and activated it, then imported my MC14 library and settings.

Everything seemed to go smoothly, and the settings, history, recently added etc etc all came up as they ought to.

However when I tried to play anything there was no sound. MC5 showed that the track was playing but ... no sound.

I tried a restart, I checked all the settings, which are identical to what hey were in MC14. I reopened MC14 and found I could still play as normal from that.

I am at my wits' end trying to figure out why this is happening.

I use the M2tech Hiface USB to spdif and ASIO4ALL, just as it was with MC14. I tried switching output modes, but none of them made any difference.

Can anybody suggest what I must be misssing here?

Many thanks in advance.

Simon
NAS > noiseless PC > Ayre QB-9 USB DAC > Ayre KX-R pre-amp > Ayre MX-R monoblocs > Dynaudio Confidence C4 Signatures
Chord Sarum interconnects and speaker cables
Missing Link Opus, MCRU Ultimate and Transparent Reference Powerlink power cables
PS Audio P10 Power Plant. Sonority isolation platforms.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: No Sound after upgrading to MC15
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 08:23:52 am »

Audio has some new settings under Tools/Options.

Try selecting your sound device there.

Simon Chick

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2010, 08:38:50 am »

Thanks. I tried but it made no difference.

I found it was outputting sound (very distorted) through the default realtek header instead of the Hiface specified in the Settings.

I took the brute force approach in the end (it was that or throw the PC through the window  ::) ) and uninstalled MC15 then reinstalled it, but without restoring any of the MC14 backup.

it is now playing sweetly as I type, but of course I have now lost all the previously played data and old settings. Never mind, it sounds great now.

Is it safe to uninstall MC14 now, as having both is confusing the hell out of the Harmony remote?
NAS > noiseless PC > Ayre QB-9 USB DAC > Ayre KX-R pre-amp > Ayre MX-R monoblocs > Dynaudio Confidence C4 Signatures
Chord Sarum interconnects and speaker cables
Missing Link Opus, MCRU Ultimate and Transparent Reference Powerlink power cables
PS Audio P10 Power Plant. Sonority isolation platforms.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010, 09:55:57 am »

... it is now playing sweetly as I type, but of course I have now lost all the previously played data and old settings. Never mind, it sounds great now...

You should be able to restore the library just fine when the option to restore also the settings is unticked.

Is it safe to uninstall MC14 now, as having both is confusing the hell out of the Harmony remote?

Just check that you don't have anything that you might need in the MC14 application data location before doing the full uninstall with all uninstall options ticked (e.g. library backup files or cover art if you have used the default cover art location option). A full uninstall will delete the folder and its contents. The default application data location is:
XP --  C:\Documents and Settings\[your user name]\Application Data\J River\Media Center 14\
Vista or Windows 7 --  C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 14\
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up