INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone working on an iPad WebRemote skin ?  (Read 5769 times)

Merv

• Junior Woodchuck
Anyone working on an iPad WebRemote skin ?
« on: July 18, 2010, 03:44:47 pm »

Would be nice to have a dedicated WebRemote skin for iPad to control MC
Sorry I know nothing about programming, or I'd have a go myself  ;)
I'm sure it would be well received by many  :)

TMA-1

• World Citizen
Re: Anyone working on an iPad WebRemote skin ?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 07:32:46 am »

I will definitely make an iPad-skinn as soon as I have bought one myself. It will take a while though because the price has to go down a bit first.  ::)

rjeeves33

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 06:44:41 pm »

Hey guys

I've knocked up a simple skin for my ipad. Themed on carbon fiber.  It's my first theme ever so go easy. I designed it in landscape on the ipad. If you view in portrait it all goes pretty ugly :-) but it's nicer than the default theme IMO for the ipad. J River have done an awesome job with this WebRmote making it easy to customize.

If you want to change the look without mucking around with the CSS open up the images folder and change background.jpg to a file of (same name) of your choice, there are also the web buttons that are sized 120 x 102 and named accordingly. Just drop your desired buttons.

That's it, hope this is useful for someone

http://rapidshare.com/files/428953755/CarbonFibre.zip

horse

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 04:44:49 pm »

Hadn't noticed this until now - THANKS!!

I use the iPad as a Webremote and use zones, this looks great and with the zones neatly nestled in the page, it is just great.
No scrolling up and down anymore - This just gets better and better!

Thanks Again

Graham

WinoOutWest

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2010, 04:59:28 pm »

Any screen snaps available?

rjeeves33

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2010, 01:41:11 am »

Hey guys. I actually took down the skin I made, I was kinda feeling happy and disappointed at the same time, ambivalence I do believe :-) I was pleased with the skin as it was my first stab at doing something like this but at the same time many of the controls J River offered I removed for aesthetics resulting in a less function interface. I am working on a more complete version that I will post here hopefully this week.

rjeeves33

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2010, 01:45:58 am »

Hey guys. Had a bit of a tinker today. Not greatly different but a little more pleaseing on the eye with a couple of original controls added back for functionality. Also added a drop shadow beneath the album art.

Screen shot here http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j446/rjeeves33/stuff/CarbonSkin.jpg

You can grab the skin from the following rapid share link;

http://rapidshare.com/files/430949481/CarbonFibreV1-1.zip

Hope you like it. I welcome ideas on improving it. Thanks

tls62dk

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2011, 09:18:17 am »

It looks great! I will use this.

Can you modify it, so it also will work with Webplay?

avpman

• Galactic Citizen
  • Dad to three beatuiful Boxers by rescue.
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2011, 11:53:21 am »

Slightly off topic but how much time do you get on the battery with this skin? Do you keep the pad in a charger when not in use? Guess I'm trying to figure out how viable a pad would be to use as a remote for JRiver and some other Home Automation web interfaces.

Thanks in advance.

pcstockton

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2011, 12:54:31 pm »

You get 10 hours of constant use with an iPad.

When on Stand-by with minimal use, I think I can get about 7-10 days out of a single charge.

Even with HEAVY use I cant see you needing to charge more than once a day, if that.

-Patrick
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

snoots

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2011, 01:14:05 pm »

I use mine for kindle books and Cinemar control of my various cd,dvd,bluray changers etc. I also use it with webremote when running my MC15. I wish I could control my slinke and cd changers from MC15 but most people have went to hard disks which I have also but still prefer listening to the disks. I can control the changers via slinke using IR from buttons on IPAD but that is not the best application. I usually charge mine overnight when I go to bed but really it depends on if you have it running without the "sleep" mode and if you keep the WIFI and 3G enabled all the time. I don't think mine has ever been dead when I wanted to use it. I think they are great hardware devices I however hate APPLE for ITUNES,APP store and locking out all the hardware.

holmami

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2011, 08:32:37 pm »

Cant get the file to download from rapidshare.  Suggestions please

avpman

• Galactic Citizen
  • Dad to three beatuiful Boxers by rescue.
Slink-e
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2011, 08:58:35 pm »

I use mine for kindle books and Cinemar control of my various cd,dvd,bluray changers etc. I also use it with webremote when running my MC15. I wish I could control my slinke and cd changers from MC15 but most people have went to hard disks which I have also but still prefer listening to the disks. I can control the changers via slinke using IR from buttons on IPAD but that is not the best application. I usually charge mine overnight when I go to bed but really it depends on if you have it running without the "sleep" mode and if you keep the WIFI and 3G enabled all the time. I don't think mine has ever been dead when I wanted to use it. I think they are great hardware devices I however hate APPLE for ITUNES,APP store and locking out all the hardware.

I have a a couple of the later Slink-e controllers I'm no longer using. PM me if you're interested in buying them cheap for backup.
-Jim
Pages: [1]   Go Up