INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question about displaying cover art  (Read 890 times)

JazzDoc

• World Citizen
Question about displaying cover art
« on: July 19, 2010, 06:40:29 am »

I store each of my albums in it's own directory. In the directory I have individual flac files for each track, a jpeg file of the front cover image that I name 'Cover' and an additional directory containing more scans if applicable. I name this sub-directory 'Scans'.

When I add an album, the cover art will sometimes appear automatically. Other times it won't. I right click on thw album and select 'Add from file' and choose the 'Cover' jpeg file from the individual directory the album. This assigns the graphic file to the album but it often fails to display in the window at the bottom left hand side of the screen or in the top centre when the 'Playing now' option is selected.

How can I resolve this please?

TIA

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Question about displaying cover art
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 09:30:10 am »

I store each of my albums in it's own directory. In the directory I have individual flac files for each track, a jpeg file of the front cover image that I name 'Cover' and an additional directory containing more scans if applicable. I name this sub-directory 'Scans'.

When I add an album, the cover art will sometimes appear automatically. Other times it won't. I right click on thw album and select 'Add from file' and choose the 'Cover' jpeg file from the individual directory the album. This assigns the graphic file to the album but it often fails to display in the window at the bottom left hand side of the screen or in the top centre when the 'Playing now' option is selected.

How can I resolve this please?

TIA

You will need to stop and restart a playing file for visualizations to change to included updated cover art.

By the way, the Cover Art > Quick Find In File / Cover Art Directory tool may be faster than doing "Add File...".
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JazzDoc

• World Citizen
Re: Question about displaying cover art
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 03:16:07 am »

Problem solved! It was me being silly ... I hadn't assigned cover art for all tracks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up