INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Artist Info/Playing Now Questions  (Read 927 times)

harmonyjim

• Recent member
Artist Info/Playing Now Questions
« on: July 21, 2010, 12:51:43 pm »

I collect a cappella music. Thus most of my artists are indie artists who wouldn't be found on Allmusic. I realize that I can use the link bar to retrieve information  on an artist through my own means. But if I can't use All Music, I'd like it not to appear. Instead, I'd like artist info to point to a site of my choosing or have the label "Artist Info" removed from the menu.

For my purposes. it is confusing and redundant to click on "Artist Info" and not have my artist's info appear. Even the link bar doesn't point to my artist's info when I select "Artist Info".  The LB works properly from Playing Now, as it should.

Is there any solution to this problem? Can I make AllMusic disappear?

bunglemebaby

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Artist Info/Playing Now Questions
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 01:37:44 pm »

I'd like artist info to point to a site of my choosing or have the label "Artist Info" removed from the menu.
Tools > Options > General > Features > Artist Info (uncheck it).

I'm not certain what you were getting at about the Links Bar, but you can remove anything there and add any search links you like (so long as you can figure out the search URL). (but you may have known that already)

-JB

harmonyjim

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 01:48:56 pm »

Thanks. Sorry I should have been able to find this. :)

bunglemebaby

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2010, 01:56:34 pm »

Heh, nah it certainly happens. MC is massive. One thing to remember (that I often forget myself) is that you can text search the options.

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2010, 02:54:14 pm »

Also, note that each link can include a search that defines exactly what files it should be shown for. If used correctly, only links applicable to the files currently in the view will be shown.
Pages: [1]   Go Up