INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DLNA + Library Server = Strange Problems  (Read 1105 times)

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
DLNA + Library Server = Strange Problems
« on: July 22, 2010, 12:33:58 pm »

First of all my setup is like this: Audio files on office desktop, HTPC hooked up to the big screen, netbook as my remote. I use the library server to access my desktop library on the netbook, and then use DLNA to play those files over the HTPC computer. This is where the problems begin:

1. I cannot get the HTPC zone to playback any files if it is selected directly from the laptop. However, I DO get playback if I select "There: HTPC," which I assume means that I am opening the file on my desktop from my notebook and playing over the DLNA server from desktop-->HTPC. The only problem is that the playback is choppy and poppy and will randomly move to the next song if it gets stuck for too long. All PC's are on wireless-G and they all have 5 bars (the router is operating at between 48 and 54 Mbps).

2. If I try to instead load the library from the desktop over DLNA to my laptop, it fails.

3. If you are currently connected to a library server on the client, you lose the ability to "Connect to Library" in the File->Library Menu. As far as I know this is the only method to connect to a DLNA server, so there's no way to go directly from a library server to a DLNA server II have to load the default library first).

Ideas?
Pages: [1]   Go Up