INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Restoring library on a newly formatted PC  (Read 780 times)

biglerman

Restoring library on a newly formatted PC
« on: July 24, 2010, 12:39:38 pm »

Hi all, I'm a relatively new user and would like to confirm a few things before I change my system drive from a HDD to a SSD and reformat my PC.
I currently have over 2000 ripped movies on my media center and have tagged each one accordingly, I keep a folder specifically for cover art and I have spent  a considerate amount of time adding artwork to its corresponding movie. My question is, once I reformat my PC and reinstall J river Media Center will I have to do this all over again?

(I have added a tick at options/file location/cover art/also store image in the files tag)

Thanks in Advance
 :)

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Restoring library on a newly formatted PC
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2010, 05:21:05 pm »

i rebuild my machine yesterday. no sdd  8) but still. when i compare to how it was in the past, its a breeze. make a backup of you library before you start, and restore that lib including the settings when things are up again. everything was the same as before except for some lastfm settings, as far as i found, and some things worked much smoother, guess because despite all my caring, the codecs got a bit messed up over the years. it takes some time to rebuild the thumbs ofcource. and i did not went in every corner to see if everything ok, but i expect youll be fine.

:)
gab
Pages: [1]   Go Up