INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question on TV support  (Read 1103 times)

SamuriHL

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Question on TV support
« on: July 29, 2010, 05:34:16 pm »

Go easy on me.  I just started using MC15 this week.  :)  I see that it can record tv.  Very nice!  Are there any plans to add HD PVR support as one of the recording devices?  I can provide a graph of all the connections required if that'd help.  And one last question...when playing back, let's say h.264/ac3 ts files, does MC15 support anything like an EDL file that allows it to skip commercials?  I've been looking for a player that can do that.  I scan all my files with Show Analyzer as I'm recording them and could output a variety of different files that contain commercial skipping information.  (Currently I output a VideoReDo project and whack the commercials that way, but, a player that knows how to read an EDL or whatever and autoskip commercials during playback would rock!)  I apologize if these topics have been discussed before and would welcome even a link pointing me to the right place.  Again, I'm quite new to this exceptional product but I love what I see so far.  Thanks!!

raym

• MC Beta Team
Re: Question on TV support
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 08:55:36 pm »

I can't answer your first question but I can tell you that EDL support is unfortunately not available. It's one of those things I request from time to time and hopefully the Devs will consider it in the near future.

Welcome to Interact!
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 08:57:15 pm »

Hauppauge HD PVR is supported.  

You need to run scan for analog channels first.  Although the device does not have a tuner, MC will find the three video inputs and treat them as channels.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

SamuriHL

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2010, 09:11:38 pm »

Thanks so much for the replies!  Figures...I tried the digital scan and it didn't find it.  sigh.  :)  I'll try again with an analog scan.  

And yes, I agree EDL would rock!  Would save me from having to actually write out a new video file on things I'm not keeping.  
Pages: [1]   Go Up