INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC15 asks for License Restore after a crash??  (Read 1504 times)

tangolovers

• World Citizen
MC15 asks for License Restore after a crash??
« on: July 30, 2010, 10:57:40 am »

I couldn't find any other threads on this... but I'm sure there must be somewhere.

It just happened again!!   MC15 crashed and I had to exit "ungracefully" as it was not closing by itself and was not responding.  So, when I reopened MC15, I recall 3 check boxes which I didn't read well (silly me), but I figured the defaults were probably okay.  Anyhow, I proceeded and it requires that I restore my license again or I only have 8 days left on trial.   This has already happened at least 3 other times (some of which may have been pre--MC15).  I didn't really think about it until I read a recent email that indicated you only get 10 restores per year.  Problem is, I seem to have a knack for crashing MC, not to mention the fact that I've done two computer re-formats in the past year and purchased yet another. 

Is there a way to handle this without using "restore"?  I think I've tried where you point MC15 to where the .mjr file is located, but if I recall, that didn't work, so I had to manually enter the license key.

THanks,
Susie
SusieM - I'm Using MC on MacOS & Windows 10.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC15 asks for License Restore after a crash??
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 11:02:39 am »

Just use a restore.  We can reset them if you run out.

Try the link called "Stability" in my signature.

tangolovers

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 06:57:23 pm »

Thanks   :)

tangolovers

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 07:20:04 pm »

Hi Jim,

Is there any way you could send me a new .mjr file that would be good until about the end of October?  We will be out of the country for 2 months with very little internet access and I am very concerned that if I crash, I won't have an internet connection with which to restore my remaining few licenses and I think an .mjr file can be used w/o internet connect.

Thank you,
Susie

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 07:25:08 pm »

The options for licensing are all documented under "Purchase" above.  We don't have any ability to generate anything by hand.

tangolovers

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2010, 09:57:01 pm »

Hi Jim,

I've thoroughly read the purchase section on many occasions, but would appreciate if you would confirm/clarify my understanding...

It seems to me that once this Install Key (.mjr file) has expired after 14 days the only way to restore a license is using the Registation Code which does require an internet connection.  Or is there some other way to restore after 14 days w/o internet connection.

Thank you very much,
Susie

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2010, 10:04:49 pm »

It seems to me that once this Install Key (.mjr file) has expired after 14 days the only way to restore a license is using the Registation Code which does require an internet connection. 
That's correct.   Once you've restored, you can use the Install key anywhere.  It's portable.
Pages: [1]   Go Up