INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: rules for importing media  (Read 871 times)

mlimtl

• Recent member
rules for importing media
« on: July 30, 2010, 04:21:57 pm »

Is there any way to make rules on the import ? I have many duplicate mp3 ( we talk about over 100K of true duplicate and 10K of duplicate but not the same bitrate) and I wish to import the mp3 in the library ignoring the duplicate so I can move them on another disk with MC and trash all duplicate.

One other thing that I really want to do is to move all my mp3 from dvd backup to usb drive but that will cause even more duplicate and if MC had a kind of download manager I could download mp3 from the dvd and if I already have this mp3 it will be remove from the download list. It have to be able to read tag for it to really work.

Note that any ideas on managing duplicate will be great....

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: rules for importing media
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 05:42:24 pm »

Is there any way to make rules on the import ?

That's a feature some of us would love to see, but it's not here yet.

In your situation of creating a new library, you're probably better off importing everything. You can then use MC to identify duplicates, which ones to keep, move them to a new drive (and folder structure) and delete the rest. Being able to create the necessary smartlists and observe the results will be much safer than adding import rules and hoping they work.

For your backup DVD's, copying only the tracks needed is a nice idea, but I doubt it would save any time. It would be easier and probably faster to simply copy everything to HDD prior to the above step of eliminating the duplicates. If you do that using MC, I believe it will create a separate library of the DVD's—effectively cataloguing their contents, should you want to keep them as backup.
Pages: [1]   Go Up