INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rebuilding my Pc, how do I save and restore my MC config  (Read 1008 times)

stricko

• Galactic Citizen
Rebuilding my Pc, how do I save and restore my MC config
« on: July 31, 2010, 09:52:45 am »

Hi guys, it's been a long long time since I posted, but I'm still happily running MC (admittedly mc14, but I've picked the most active forum...)

I have to rebuild my PC from the OS up. I've no problem with rebuilding the database content, but I'd rather not have to rebuild my queries, custom fields etc. I recall some threads in teh past about saving/exporting configs but I wouldn't if there was anything new around that might help with this. Otherwise can someone point me to the relevant threads or wiki page. I'cve a quick look for myself and nothing obvious jumps out at me. If there is something new in MC15, it might be a trigger for me to update........

Thanks

Paul

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Rebuilding my Pc, how do I save and restore my MC config
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2010, 09:58:31 am »

Do File/Library/Backup in MC14.  Since build 92, your settings are also saved.

When you restore your library in MC15, there is a checkbox that says something like "restore settings".  It will get most of your settings over to MC15.  A few can't be transferred.

You don't have to update to try this.  You can use the MC15 trial for 30 days.

stricko

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2010, 11:32:47 am »

Many thanks, just what I was looking for.

stricko

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 01:26:04 am »

Jim

I followed this method with only partial success. Database field came across fine, which was one of my worries.

The biggest proble was in Theatre View options. I have separated out Videos from Movies so have created a new root level item, with a number of queries beneath it. the new root level item did not appear to be saved or re-imported.
Pages: [1]   Go Up