INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Getting a "Must Install New Version" message when I lauch Version 14.0.96  (Read 876 times)

Rickk

I bought Version 14.0.96 of the J River Media Center back in November 2009. Everytime I launch it for the first time, I get a message that states that this version will not run unless I download the update of version 15. Why does this do that? Does anyone know?

And, If I do download the newer version, do I have to pay for it after 15 days. That is why I haven't downloaded it yet because I did that a few years back with another version and after 15 days it wouldn't work anymore unless I bought it.

If I ignore this message and close out all the boxes, then relaunch the player. Everything works oK. However, sometimes my files will skip over and over again in a certain spot and I have to close out and reboot to keep the program from doing that.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks Rick Kuhn

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Welcome to the forum.

I did a quick check and it looks like you have an MC14 license.  You can disable the check for updates in tools/options/startup, but you should also download the latest MC14.  It's on the MC14 board or you can find it in "Old Versions" on our wiki.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!

Just to be clear, v14 has a forced upgrade to 14.0.165. 

This is a free upgrade for any v14 user, and it is forced because it has important security / stability fixes.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up