INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Locked Views  (Read 1142 times)

DoubtingThomas

• Citizen of the Universe
Locked Views
« on: August 04, 2010, 01:15:33 pm »

In the list of new features for v15, it mentions "locked views".

I find nothing about this by searching the forums.

Is there any information as to what it does and how to turn it on?

bunglemebaby

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Locked Views
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 03:01:39 pm »

There is a thread someplace here in the MC15 forums going over the bulk of it. I thought it had "locked views" or something to that effect as the subject.
Anyhow, when using the split view feature of MC, it is now possible to keep one of the split views "locked" so that it is not possible to change the locked view to another view. The most common application is probably keeping a split view with one locked to Playing Now.

Go to View > Split View. Choose to show 2 or 3 views.
Then View > Split View > Lock View # to lock whichever view you like.

Pretty simple once you find it and pretty effective. There have been a few requests to add a button to the GUI to lock/unlock views, which would be nice and add convenience but all in all it works as it should.

-JB

tcman41

• Sound Surfing!
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 03:28:27 pm »

Yep, locked view helps greatly in split views, i like to browse my albums in one window while the playing now is in another window, without locking a view, trying to keep it from changing from not really knowing which window one is in i find almost impossible.

I finally locked the playing now window and even if i accidently change it instead of the browsing window it doesn't do anything because it is locked, very helpful indeed!

TC

DoubtingThomas

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 08:53:16 pm »

Thanks... I was hoping it was a way to keep a view locked to particular setup..

Everytime I import files I need to set the view to a saved view to see it as I left it the time before...

bunglemebaby

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2010, 10:01:37 pm »

Everytime I import files I need to set the view to a saved view to see it as I left it the time before...
I'm not sure if I get what you mean here, but if I do... try using "back", (View > Navigation > Back or Left Arrow at top of main window, or use hotkey Alt+Left)
Pages: [1]   Go Up