INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mass file conversion  (Read 1098 times)

Elsoreth

Mass file conversion
« on: August 06, 2010, 12:48:06 am »

Before I begin, I would like to apologize if the question has already been asked (I did try a search) or if it is stupid for reasons I haven't yet realized.

Starting off with some background, until recently I kept my music collection in Sonicstage with the atrac3 file format (Don't stop reading yet!).  I was forced to do this by my old sony player, one that I lost several months ago.

I leaped at the opportunity to change the way my computer handles its music.  Eventually I decided to switch from Sonicstage to Media Jukebox (14) with the thought that if I like it enough I may eventually get the full media center.  Clearing out a weekend to re-copy stuff onto my harddrive, I then proceeded to copy my most listened-to cds into flac format using Media Jukebox.  And on this computer I have been greatly pleased with the current status of things. 

However, I also like to have a music collection on a more mobile computer, one that simply doesn't have the unlimited space that seems to be requisite for the way I copied my cds.  I would still like to have my lossless master, but I would also like a version that takes less space. 

So the question is, what is the easiest way to start off with a library of flac files, and create a separate library of ogg vorbis (Or other lossy format) files?  Or, alternately, is there another way to lessen the space taken up by my collection (other than deleting stuff)?  I do know that it would be possible to re-copy all my cds, but in all honesty even though I only did my most listened-to stuff, I dread the possibility of recopying 70 cds.
Pages: [1]   Go Up