INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Issue when trying to schedule back-to-back TV recordings  (Read 1039 times)

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Issue when trying to schedule back-to-back TV recordings
« on: August 07, 2010, 11:45:59 pm »

I'm working towards replacing my existing TV scheduling software and using just MC for everything, but I've run into  small problem that I hope can be fixed.

I have  few TV shows that I want to record that run straight after each other so for example I need to create a subscription for "Spick and Specks" @ 8pm on ABC1 and then "The chaser" and 9pm on ABC1, each show normally being 30 minutes in duration.

Now if I leave the option to "keep recording after" at 1 minute then everything is fine, but for some live shows I need to extend this to say 10 minutes to make sure I get the end as aften the live sows rn late!.

If I do this for say Spick and Specks then I can't schedule The Chaser at 9pm.  When I try to schedule The Chaser MC only lets me edit the options for Spicks and Specks, not create a new schedule for The Chaser.

Is this a bug or by design??

Cheers
Richard

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Issue when trying to schedule back-to-back TV recordings
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 08:10:13 am »

If you're using one tuner, and you have two shows that overlap, one will take priority.  You may be able to set which has priority in the recording options.

To do what you want, I might buy a second tuner.  MC will automatically use it in the case you're concerned with.

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2010, 08:27:35 am »

If you're using one tuner, and you have two shows that overlap, one will take priority.  You may be able to set which has priority in the recording options.

To do what you want, I might buy a second tuner.  MC will automatically use it in the case you're concerned with.

I have 6 tuners Jim, and that's not the issue anyway. The issue is that MC won't let me create the schedule as there is no RECORD button, only a button to alllow me to edit the recording, which is in fact edits  the previous recording not the item actually selected/highlighted.

R.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 01:49:34 pm »

Confirmed.  Until I find a fix, you will have to just extend the first recording longer, to include the entire second program.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up