INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 15 Information Messages  (Read 1088 times)

Oldcrow

• Recent member
MC 15 Information Messages
« on: August 16, 2010, 09:58:24 pm »

I’ve looked through the old threads but don’t really find any discussion or simple explanation of my current problem.  I have recently ugraded to MC15, and have also moved My Music files from the full C: drive to a much larger D: drive.  My system info as follows:
Media Center 15.0.80 Registered -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 15\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 3 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2170 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 982 MB, Free - 422 MB

Internet Explorer: 7.0.5730.13 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive H: _NEC    DVD_RW ND-3550A   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 100
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive H: _NEC     DVD_RW ND-3550A    Addr: 2:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:
Interface Plugins:
  last.fm (Active)
  TiVo Server (Active)

I have begun to receive MC INFORMATION  boxes – MC encountered errors while trying to play the last several files.  Please make sure that the path in your media library points to the right location.
And,
TAGGING ERROR– MC encountered errors while tagging and moving files.  Check that the files exist, are not read only, and are not in use by other programs.

Am I to assume that moving My Music from C: to D: drive is responsible for each of these messages?  If so, where do I find the path in media library to point to D:?  I can’t find path references anywhere in the Help section or threads.  How do I correct it?

For music I primarily use MC to rip albums into files stored in My Music.  I am unclear about the MC library function.  Is a copy of any ripped material automatically placed in the library?  Is the library a necessary part of the path for storage?  Why would I use or need a library, if My Music files in album folders are meeting my current usage for desktop or mp3 player enjoyment?

I have seen a thread – Quick Tags Aug 03 – but the level of discourse is past my remedial knowledge.  Can I correct the tagging error in groups, or must each file be corrected individually?  Would the path correction likely resolve this issue also?

Basic explanations please, for the old doctor.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC 15 Information Messages
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 07:07:32 am »

I have begun to receive MC INFORMATION  boxes – MC encountered errors while trying to play the last several files.  Please make sure that the path in your media library points to the right location.
And,
TAGGING ERROR– MC encountered errors while tagging and moving files.  Check that the files exist, are not read only, and are not in use by other programs.

Am I to assume that moving My Music from C: to D: drive is responsible for each of these messages? 
Probably.  If you move the files within MC, it will work, but if you moved them outside, you'll have to correct it.

Select a few files.  Go to Library Tools, and choose "Rename, Move, Copy".  There you can change C: to D:  Be careful and check your work before doing the rest.

Oldcrow

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 01:35:42 pm »

Thanks for the response,
Yes, I have moved a few album folders back to C: and they will play fine through MC 15.   However in my attempts to Rename, Move ,Copy, I guess that I am not selecting the test files properly, since Library Tools always shows ‘no files selected’, and the Summary following Import attempts stays at zero.  How do I get files or folders into MC as you have suggested?

I like your horse JH.  Much safer choice than the stud horse that nearly put both of my lights out many years ago.

Oldcrow

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2010, 11:44:44 am »

Thanks for the response,
Yes, I have moved a few album folders back to C: and they will play fine through MC 15.   However in my attempts to Rename, Move ,Copy, I guess that I am not selecting the test files properly, since Library Tools always shows ‘no files selected’, and the Summary following Import attempts stays at zero.  How do I get files or folders into MC as you have suggested?  What is the correct selection process?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2010, 11:49:34 am »

You have to click on the files in the content window on the right.

Ctrl-click to add individual files
Shift-click to add a continuous range
Ctrl-A to add all
Pages: [1]   Go Up