INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Portable device sync / bitrates/ space  (Read 975 times)

ToddB

• Recent member
Portable device sync / bitrates/ space
« on: August 08, 2010, 11:58:48 am »

I cannot imagine this question not having already been asked, but I could not find it, so I apologize if it has.

When I sync to my iPod, I have MC set to lower the bit-rate to 128 kbps from much higher bit-rates on my PC in order to maximize the number of files that can be synced to the iPod. The problem is, if I put more than what the iPod has capacity for--at the initial bit-rate, I get an error message relating to the iPod not having enough capacity for the sync. Is there a way (other than keeping a second, lower bit-rate, version of my music library on my hard drive) to allow MC to take into account the fact that the bit-rate is being converted prior to the commencement of a sync operation? I'm looking to be able have MC calculate the number of songs that will fit after the bit-rate conversion is complete instead of prior to the conversion as it does now.

Perhaps a way for MC to calculate the remaining capacity dynamically during a sync instead of doing to only once prior to the sync? Otherwise, the bit-rate conversion feature seems to lose a bit of its utility.
Pages: [1]   Go Up