INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zoning, splitting or instancing?  (Read 801 times)

McNeil

• Recent member
Zoning, splitting or instancing?
« on: August 10, 2010, 03:23:53 pm »

Hi there.
I need some advice.

I started to use MC as a video library as well. Before I just used it as a music library. Now I have a couple of questions how to deal with some situations.
First of all I created 2 zones with different DSP and playback options. The first should be just for music and the second just for videos.

Now I wanna know if there's a possibility that these zones can be made media type dependend. For example I double-click on a video and it is send automatically to the second zone without using the 'send to-> play (zone 2)->play'-command and goes fullscreen. Because now I have to check wether the correct zone is active - otherwise my music zone goes fullscreen - and send it to the correct zone. Also I want the playing now view from the video zone look different from the playing now view of the music zone. When I change one now it affects the other one as well.

As well I like to use the 'rename, move & copy' function differently for music and video. Now I have to switch the rules all the time according to the media type.

Is there any chance to do this with zoning, splitting or multiple instances of MC - in one there are just the music features activated and in the second MC just the video features -?

Hope there's a solution
Mc
Pages: [1]   Go Up