INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 15 no sound when different HZ file playing ,pls help  (Read 1344 times)

lei_ieong

• Recent member
MC 15 no sound when different HZ file playing ,pls help
« on: August 10, 2010, 09:28:45 pm »

I have a quiet annoyed problem when use MC15 ,I have various quality Flac file ,some is 44.1HZ ,and 96 and 196 HZ as well , but when I put different HZ file together into a playlist and play continuously  , there will be no sound after when two connected file HZ different  ,for example , if the playing file is 44.1HZ , the MC will be no problem ,until the 44.1HZ song ends , and the next song is a 96 or 196HZ file , the MC will be no sound but every other stuff still seems not problem , no any alert or warning will be popup as well .

currently , my solution is press the stop button and then press the play button again ,then the sound will be come back , but if there is a different HZ file followed , when playing that different HZ file , there will be  no sound again, and i need to do the above solution again.....so trouble

my sound card is Weiss DAC202, and my ouput mode is ASIO , MC already update to the latest ver and I'm using win7 home primum . pls tell how to solve it , thanks .

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Re: MC 15 no sound when different HZ file playing ,pls help
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 10:45:15 pm »

Couple of Ideas:
1) Does the problem also happen if you use DirectSound or WASAPI? (Tools --> Audio --> Audio Output --> Output Mode) ?
2) The other option you have is for MC to resample everthing at 192khz (Tools --> Audio --> Settings --> DSP & output format --> Output Format)

Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

lei_ieong

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 10:04:46 pm »

Hey , I got the answer

1) either directsound and WASAPI could not solve the problem

2) upsampling to 192HZ could solve the problem well .

However ,I would like to know how could solve the "no sound " problem without sampling , since I'm stick on to have the "original" sound without any upsampling .

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 03:33:06 am »

I'm sure Matt from JR will chip in on this with other Ideas...
JRiver CEO Elect

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 08:03:33 am »

I've never heard of anything like this.

When you switch between tracks with different sample rates, the output is closed and reopened (since mixing is not possible).  This is effectively the same as a stop / play which you said works.

I think it points to a hardware issue, since we have not seen this with other hardware.  Is there any chance you could ask Weiss?  We'd be happy to provide them a copy of Media Center to test with.

Thanks and sorry for not having a more definite answer.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2010, 08:10:42 am »

About a year ago, there was a review of the Weiss Minerva at 6moons.com.  As a companion piece, the reviewer also wrote about JRiver Media Center:
http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/weiss2/sidebar.html  Maybe you will find something useful there.

Vincent Kars

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2010, 01:59:02 pm »

Hey , I got the answer
1) either directsound and WASAPI could not solve the problem
2) upsampling to 192HZ could solve the problem well .
However ,I would like to know how could solve the "no sound " problem without sampling , since I'm stick on to have the "original" sound without any upsampling .

Strange, DS resamples everything to the sample rate as set in the Advanced panel.
Should end all sample rate switching by the hardware.
Can you play 2 streams at the same time? (Otherwise it is not DS)
Pages: [1]   Go Up