INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SmartList Filter Challenge (~mix)  (Read 1108 times)

kamiller42

• Junior Woodchuck
SmartList Filter Challenge (~mix)
« on: August 14, 2010, 08:25:03 pm »

I am trying to write a smartlist which is limited to 45 hours of music, contains 100% of my 4 and 5 songs, and fills in the remaining time with 3 star songs.

The ~mix tag would seem to be the ticket, but here are the problems I am having:
1. You have to specify how many tracks you want in a mix. I have no idea. The entire list has a 45 hour limit, not even a track limit like ~mix wants.
2. The %'s in the mix must add up to 100. I don't know what the remaining percentage would be after all the 4's and 5's are in. Might be 0%!

Then I think ~% should work, specifying 100% of my 4 and 5's, but I can't get it work.

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: SmartList Filter Challenge (~mix)
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 11:01:58 am »

that is an interesting one indeed..  8)
the mix wont work, because when you set that on 100 % and it will fill the remaining time with duplicates (and right so imo)

now what i though was:
sort by rating > take the amount you want > and shuffle
the problem here is of course that it will always use the same files with rating 3 everytime
so: shuffle > sort by rating > take the amount you want > and shuffle
this does not work because mc's wizzard thinks two sorts behind each other do not work and one is removed.
there is a trick needed
so: shuffle >limit to 100000000 items> sort by rating > take the amount you want > and shuffle
works

code:

Code: [Select]
[Media Type]=[Audio] ~sort=Random ~n=10000000 ~sort=[Rating]-d ~t=45h ~sort=Random
hope its what you are after
 :)
gab

ps: its fun to fool a wizzard. but as a side note, the good, or maybe bad, thing is that when your amount of 4 and 5 rated stars is bigger then 45 hours, the smartlist will take all 5 star files and add 4 stars till its at 45 hours again.

kamiller42

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: SmartList Filter Challenge (~mix)
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 10:05:56 pm »

Wow. Impressive. That worked. Thanks!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up