INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ripped files missing from Library but are on disk  (Read 1258 times)

avpman

• Galactic Citizen
  • Dad to three beatuiful Boxers by rescue.
Ripped files missing from Library but are on disk
« on: August 14, 2010, 04:24:54 pm »

JR 15.0.80
Win 7/64 bit

I just ripped a handfull of CD's. They're no where to be found in the Library but the ripped files ARE on the disk )in the proper folder/filename layout. Before asking, yes I have 14 & 15 installed on the same machine and they're not in the 14 library either I absolutely used 15 to rip them and this is the first time I've ripped since converting from 14 to 15 (yes I set all the file pats correctly when I installed 15). If I go to the appdata directory where the Library files are stored there are many that were touched today. Is there some way to verify the integrity of the library. What should I do? Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks in advance.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Ripped files missing from Library but are on disk
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 04:36:30 pm »

Check where your ripped files are going in Options/File Locations.

avpman

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2010, 04:47:25 pm »

That was the first thing I checked. The ripped files are in exactly the right place with the same naming convention. I ripped a new CD by an Artist already on the disk and it went to the correct set of subfolders (with the correct artist/track naming convention) below the Artist folder.

When this version of 15 was installed I had to manually restore the V14 Library to it. It didn't automatically convert the 14 Library. Don't know if that helps or not.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2010, 05:18:53 pm »

Back up your MC15 library, uninstall MC14, and reboot.

I would not rule out a virus checker or similar conflict.

avpman

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2010, 08:14:17 pm »

MC 14 worked fine on same PC with no problems. There was another thread here with similar situation and he upgraded to .92 which I just did but no luck. If I were to start back at the beginning with my V14 library what's the best/proper way to get it into V15?
Pages: [1]   Go Up