INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Movie info with image popup - any way to disable or resize?  (Read 1690 times)

audunth

• Citizen of the Universe
Movie info with image popup - any way to disable or resize?
« on: August 16, 2010, 09:57:08 am »

Hi!

When I browse through my movie files using detail view, hovering over a file brings up the movie info popup with a full sized cover image. This can be quite annoying, because the box covers most of the screen. In MC14 the popup was much smaller with just a thumbnail. Is it possible to make options to resize, disable and maybe also set the time needed to hover before the box pops up?
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
ASUS  P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3, 8GB RAM, Core i5-2500K
EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SSC, 4GB RAM
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers
Klipsch Reference/SVS 7.1 speaker system
Always running the latest available version of MC

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Movie info with image popup - any way to disable or resize?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 02:32:12 pm »

You can disable tooltips (in options, search for 'tooltip'), but not configure them.

The video tooltips were added to make it easier to see actors, keywords, and other metadata for videos.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

audunth

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 03:13:52 pm »

Thanks. It's a great feature, and very useful for example when I have friends over and we're browsing through the list for a movie to watch. Other times, like when I'm browsing for a specific file, it gets in the way, so it's nice that it's possible to turn off :)

Being able to set the amount of seconds of hovering before it pops up would make it even more versatile though.
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers

struct

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 05:01:11 pm »

Matt,

Are you still considering making the pop-up configurable? 

This would be a big thumbs up from me.  I have all of the information I want from PVD but at the moment there is no way to see it (nicely) outside of theatre view.  I would love to see the MPAA rating, IMDB rating, etc.  Even some simple selection of fields would be great.

Craig

rick.ca

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 06:31:33 pm »

A configurable pop-up would be nice, but here's an alternative you may not have considered...

audunth

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2010, 09:31:17 am »

I don't know how that movie info page is relevant to the popup, it's nice to be able to just hover over a file when browsing (sometimes I find details list view much more efficient than thumbnails/theatre view because of a lot less need for scrolling) and it's nice that you can turn it off when not needed, but it'd be even nicer if one could specify that the info pops up after hovering for a set amount of seconds instead of right away.

By the way how do you get to that info page you're showing?
Cheers,
Audun

My system:

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2010, 09:39:50 am »

By the way how do you get to that info page you're showing?

Open the Tag Action Window dialog.  Click the "up arrow" in the upper right corner (which says "Maximize" in the hovertext).
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Lasse_Lus

MT5FR

rick.ca

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2010, 01:52:10 pm »

I don't know how that movie info page is relevant to the popup...

The purpose of my screen shot was to illustrate (to struct) there is another way to display video meta data in readable form outside of Theatre View. The tag window is indirectly configurable (tags shown and order) using the Show tags in current view option. Tooltips will display memo fields, and list and memo fields can be but into edit mode for a better/different view.

Contrary to what my screen shot suggests, I too prefer a details view. And while I do like the file tooltip, it does tend to get in the way when I'm trying to use the list as a list. I don't think a delay would help much. When I want to see it, I want it immediately. And even with a delay, it's still going to get in the way. I would much prefer an on/off toggle in the interface—so I can change the behaviour according to what I'm doing at the time. And it would be especially nice if the behaviour would revert to the default set in options when the view is changed in any way. Then I could toggle it off when it gets in the way, and not have to remember to turn it back on. Others might turn them off in options, and toggle them on only when needed. 8)
Pages: [1]   Go Up